Balmoral Flattie

Langa

Hi all, had an hour to kill at work at Mosman so decided best way to do that was a quick flick at Balmoral, not so enthusiastic after losing an SX40 on a pier, but a couple of casts later this nice flattie scoffs the 3" silver fox Squidgy wriggler, and by scoffed I mean you could not see it, it was so far down its gullet, shortly after taking the shot it chomped the leader which meant no chance of retreving the lure without surgery and since I was surrounded by a group of school kids saying 'let him go mister' and as I had no intention of keeping it, I released it and it swam off strongly. My question is what are the chances of survival with a hook, plastic and 1/16th oz of lead in its belly? I know a hook will corrode quickly but what about the plastic and lead, I hope it spits it up, does anyone know?

Also saw this spectacular jelly fish, image does not do it justice, it was bright blue with white spots, bigger than a soccer ball.

Cheers, Langa

I think I've got it now...

post-6643-126675599202_thumb.jpg

post-6643-126675603014_thumb.jpg

G'day Langa,

Nice Flattie and great photo of the jellyfish. Hard to say on the survival but there's a very high survival rate for released fish and once the hook comes out, everything else will come with it. Rest assured that he's got a better chance of survival than if you'd popped him in the esky though. :biggrin2:

Cheers, Slinky