First Kingy Near Browns Rock

hooklineandsinker

hey raiders

i thought id hit a new lb spot yesterday (sunday)armed 2 rods with only 8 pillies and a whole ocean squid and my trusty metals i set off to browns rock at around midday as that was nearing the high tide checked willyweather for swell wind and tide (thanks roberta thats a top site )

so i get to browns rock its full i did expect this

any how found a spot a little further down whipped out a big slab of the squid hood ans tried to catch lives to no avail so i set up my spinning rod and was throwing my gilles whitebait for a while when i notice my squid rod getting some hits i just waited then the live liner starting my moving at a rate of knots i pick it up strike you beauty im on

i kept calm and just pumped and wind and let the fish take drag as well till i got it in closer i was tangled in an other blokes line also and he was reeling it in too blooding idiot reeled it that is my line all the way the breakwall

the knigie was trying to bust me off at this point till the bloke finally opened his bail arm i landed the king and was stoked measured it straight away it was under size 57cms got a swimmer that was close by to take a photos post-9942-12667994143_thumb.jpg

as happy as i was the other fisho comes down to get his terminal tackle and is less that happy of my capture and the line cross and is more worried about his tackle that the fish being released the other fisho tells me i should keep it as did the swimmer but the swimmer knew nothing of fishing he told me later

me and the other fisho had some words exchanged between us and that was not pleasant at all put a damper on my first KINGY

I LET THE FISH GO TO GET BIGGER despite what was said post-9942-126679956026_thumb.jpg sorry for this poor pic but its of a video any one know how to convert mpg4 to jpg pics pm me

thanks for reading

mike

Edited by hooklineandsinker

Wooohooo!!!!! :thumbup: you did it mike!!!! next one will be bigger for sure congrats and don't they pull like there's no tomorrow!!!!! very happy for you and you have really been putting in the effort and have finally got the results...

we will have to meet up again for another session as I am finished with my moving now!!!!

Its very disappointing how many people out there are willing to keep undersized fish makes me sick!!!!

Good on you for standing up you are the better person

:thumbup::biggrin2:

Regards,

Nathan

Nice capture and well done on releasing the rat.

Re: the other fisho, its a shame there's no training involved in getting a licence.

Re: getting jpgs from mp4, use a program called picasa (a google application) that can take screen captures pretty easily.

Cheers.