Fuel Tanks

Reggae

Hi all,

I'm in the process of getting a new fuel tank as my current one is leaking. Just trying to decide if I go for stainless steel or aluminium? The current one (now leaking) is stainless steel and is located beneath the floor. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

R.

• 11 months later...

Reggae, Am going thru exactly same thing myself. Currently have an ally tank and it is leaking. I wouldnt get the old one rewelded cause if it is thin enough to leak in one spot it cant be far away from leaking in another. I have decided to go ally again over stainless due to cost. I am looking at a place up in QLD to make it for me, but have you found somewhere local in Sydney to make one for you? Have you got a price - what size. Mine is 140L.

Anyone else know somewhere Nth Beaches Sydney?

Cheers,

Bonehead

Talk to our Sponsor -

SERIOUSLY STAINLESS

Cnr Wiblin and Vore St, Silverwater NSW 2128

seriouslystain@optusnet.com.au

Rocket launchers, custom made live bait tanks, tuna tubes and anything else stainless steel you need

Gary Bricknell

PH 0438264377

WEBSITE IS NOW AVAILABLE

SERIOUSLY STAINLESS

Hi all,

I'm in the process of getting a new fuel tank as my current one is leaking. Just trying to decide if I go for stainless steel or aluminium? The current one (now leaking) is stainless steel and is located beneath the floor. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

R.

If you go ally, it will corrode with time, if you go S/S it will crack because they are usualy made for very thin sheetmetal.

In USA they use plastic on the new boats, some are 15 years old and still going.

All cars use plastic tanks these days as well and they seem to last .

The problem with plastic you can't have it custom made.

If my only choice was ally and S/S, I'll go ally , marine grade as thick as possible and make sure its not sitting in the salt water, lift it off the floor a little.

Talk to our Sponsor -

SERIOUSLY STAINLESS

Cnr Wiblin and Vore St, Silverwater NSW 2128

seriouslystain@optusnet.com.au

Rocket launchers, custom made live bait tanks, tuna tubes and anything else stainless steel you need

Gary Bricknell

PH 0438264377

FAX 99480541

Graham Cribb

PH 97481037

Fax 96484976

WEBSITE IS NOW AVAILABLE

SERIOUSLY STAINLESS

I'd have to agree, Gary makes top quality stuff that will last you for years to come, i'd go s/s for sure.

if you go S/S it will crack because they are usualy made for very thin sheetmetal.

Yes shonky jobs and cost cutting BUT Gary at Seriously Stainless doesn't cut costs etc, he builds things to last!