Tuross Fishing Well Already

turossboatshed

Today Alex and I decided it was time to try the lake now the water flow has slowed, our morning session was fairly unproductive, one flathead on plastic and one flounder on bait.

We went home and planed the evening session.

We were fishing the entrance, and on our evening trip it was still unproductive, so we decided to move back into the lake a bit, around the launching ramp we got our first lizard, about 70cm and as we moved back further, around the sand flats near the green boys we found the lair, cats after cast we hooked up, most around the 40 to 50cm size, it was the first time Alex had caught a fish on a plastic and now I am sure he is hooked.

We took 5 home for a feed and let the rest go.

It was a great arvo on the lake.

Cheers

John

:thumbup:

Hi John,

Fished the lake last fri sat & sun, tremendous amount of whiting down the front,

had my bag of 20 in less than an hour each day on the evening runout.(tube/blood worms are the go on size 6 long shank)

The Bream were hard to find, most luck up river(suprisingly)all on tuna, nothing around the racks.

Flatties were like you said near the two bouys again tuna did the damage, best 70cm.

Alot of Salmon, Tailor & Mullet right at the entrance mouth with pillies doing the job.

One of the boys lost a nice Jew too, on Sat, but with no gaff or net was lost at the boat,

Im pritty sure they bought both gaff & net from you not long after.

cheers

Hi John,

Fished the lake last fri sat & sun, tremendous amount of whiting down the front,

had my bag of 20 in less than an hour each day on the evening runout.(tube/blood worms are the go on size 6 long shank)

The Bream were hard to find, most luck up river(suprisingly)all on tuna, nothing around the racks.

Flatties were like you said near the two bouys again tuna did the damage, best 70cm.

Alot of Salmon, Tailor & Mullet right at the entrance mouth with pillies doing the job.

One of the boys lost a nice Jew too, on Sat, but with no gaff or net was lost at the boat,

Im pritty sure they bought both gaff & net from you not long after.

cheers

Yep the boys told me all about it, then got a gaf and a net...lol