Fig Tree Bridge

Reece

Hi Guys,

Just thought I'd share :)

My Bro-in-law and I like to get out as often as we can and wet a line or two. One evening a few weeks ago, he knocked on the door and we were off to Fig Tree Bridge for a couple of hours while the tide was running out . (He was off to Coffs early the next morning)

Normally we use bait, and this was no exception. We had some worms and salted mackrel, but I also packed a sample Atomic SP and Gamakatsu jig I'd picked up of the cover of a mag.

First cast, my Bro-in-law (from now on referred to as my mate) hooked a small bream. After that, nothing for an hour. Not even a nibble. We both had two rods out.

So I thought "Bugger it!", reeled in my 5'6" telescopic, snipped off the rig (which I packed in our rubbish bucket, I hate the mess some people leave), tied on the jig and threaded the brown plastic on. Any one know what the name of the colour was?

About three casts in, I snagged the line. After moving a few metres I got off the snag and reeled in. There was something else on the line... SOMEBODYS LURE! What are the chances?!

After a few casts I felt a bump but no show. So I cast right back into the same spot (Under the mangrove), and two seconds later I was on! After a nice little fight I was releasing a nice (35cm) Flattie! I was stoked! I was hooked!

My mate got a little crappy at the lack of action, so we moved to the other side of the mangrove. After a few casts, bang! We were both on! He got another bream and I scored another lizard! Then we went home.

What a great way to spent two hours of an evening!

Cheers Fella's! (and ladies of course!)

About three casts in, I snagged the line. After moving a few metres I got off the snag and reeled in. There was something else on the line... SOMEBODYS LURE! What are the chances?!

42317[/snapback]

:1welcomeani: Reece.

That lure you caught wasn't a red SX-40 was it? Is so, I want it back! :1prop: Donated a couple to Fig Tree in my time.....

Just went out and priced some gear... I walked out with a bag of Atomic 2" in Crawdad (thanks Iceman) and a realisation that I'll need to get a mortgage to afford a new kit! Once I save up about $300 for rod+reel I'll go back.

The lure was a Surecatch. When I go back to Fig Tree I'll see if I can snag up others... :mellow::blink::biggrin2:

This weekend I'm going to try Coal and Candle creek or Bobbin Head. I'm trying to convince my mate to get out at midnight for the ! till dawn shift :)

Cheers!