Dolls Point Tailor

Krispy !

Hey people,

Yesterday i went to dolls point after school armed with pillies and plastics. I had one rod out with a pillie under a float for any tailor and i was using the plastics. Nothing was going on the plastics but i managed two tailor on the other rod going 33 and 34 cms so i didnt go home empty handed.

The Tailors

post-11865-126715235918_thumb.jpg

When i go there i usually fish off the little wharf or if the wharf is too packed i go on the groynes. This time however i was on the wharf. With the plastics i usually get some nice flathead and whiting and even the odd trevor but that day was just quiet other than those two tailors.

Cheers.

SL

Edited by seriola lalandi

Well done on the brace of tailor.

They look like a great jew bait at that size. :biggrin2:

Next time you are down there take an even bigger rod, cut the tail off the tailor, stick it on a 2 hook snood rig & throw it straight back out there.

You will have a good chance at a nice jew.

Sometimes when the bread & butter fishing is a bit slower than usual it means that bigger predators are moving through the area. Chuck out a big bait & find out! :1fishing1:

Cheers,

Grant.

When i go there i usually fish off the little wharf or if the wharf is too packed i go on the groynes. This time however i was on the wharf. With the plastics i usually get some nice flathead and whiting and even the odd trevor but that day was just quiet other than those two tailors.

Cheers.

SL

with the little wharf is this the wharf next the sailing club. or is this wharf the small concrete slab with the metal railing near the sand.

Cheers.

SL

i live about 2 minutes from there, have only really tried fishing there twice and went home empty handed

Well done on the brace of tailor.

They look like a great jew bait at that size. :biggrin2:

Next time you are down there take an even bigger rod, cut the tail off the tailor, stick it on a 2 hook snood rig & throw it straight back out there.

You will have a good chance at a nice jew.

Sometimes when the bread & butter fishing is a bit slower than usual it means that bigger predators are moving through the area. Chuck out a big bait & find out! :1fishing1:

Cheers,

Grant.

As in literally "CUT THE TAIL OFF" ??? or is this a generalisation and is done a certian way to prepare it for your rig?? Often stumble acoss tailor when outside the heads in the Hawkesburry and usually use them in strips or slabs... might have to change tactics and try the above way :biggrin2:

CHeeRS

Ant

Someguy2k thats not the wharf,

It's the one infront of the carpark at the end of florence street. :thumbup:

Cheers,

SL

Thanks SL, I tried that spot once long time ago went home empty handed, I will give it another go this weekend. :1fishing1: