First Kingy

pyoubs

Went out this morning and got onto the water about 6am. Went quickly to baldface and got some live bait, herring im pretty sure. After we had about 10 we headed over near the airport. Picked a marker and set camp, sent the first bait under a float then the other with a size 2 sinker and no exaggeration about 1 minuted after it was in it holder it got smacked. Was soo nervous when it was on the line as i had a good idea what it was. Boated it and it was a king at 68cm! I am still over the moon.

We left livies out to no more such luck, on bait picked up a 39cm flattie and 33cm trev which went back but the flatty and kingy werent soo lucky.

I saw a reasonable amount of action around the marker hitting the surface, splashes sounded of reasonable size, what would this of been? i tried a couple lures but to no avail.

The rest of the day was spent dealing with the swarm of baby snapper.

no photos, if only i had a camera!! too late now as he is cut up and ready to eat for tea tonight!

Well done on your first. I was out today & got some bonito out at the heads & headed back to mol point to downrig . No luck so hit larpa out of the wind a bit & there were some huge tailor so maybe that was what you saw . They were huge ,my young boy got a 580 model . I picked up a couple of flatties on yakkas . They were swarming out there today .

i felt like we moved into the wrong spot by setting up a lazy drift in towra, it seemed like there was a bit of action in the bay but we were both over the moon thought and couldnt be bothered dealing with much else. i didnt see anything at all being pulled by other boats did any other raiders get any solid fish on the saturday??