From Plan To Pan

Bruce the Postie

G'day All,

Well the story goes like this,during the cooler months last year a mate from work (who thinks i can fish a bit )asked me to go out in his tinny with him and his young bloke and show them how to catch Blackfish,ok i says i can show you the theory behind it ,but i cant promise that the fish will take part in the lesson,no worries says him,that would be great.

Anyway to cut a long story short,i got them sorted out and rigged up and within a couple of hours we had a nice bag of quality darkies in the boat and both father and son were over the moon with their catch and my ,reputation as a fisho in their household is right up there with Bob Dyer.He still drags out the photos if anyone even mentions fishing. :074:

So during the week said mate approaches me and asks if i can go out with him again and show them how to catch Flathead,no worries says me and we tee up a short outing for friday arvo after work.With the details sorted out i once again told him that it was up to the fish to participate as i had no control over their needs and wants.

Friday arvo we duck down to The Entrance,launch the tinny and i try to identify some water that would be attractive to some of our chosen quarry.With the spot found i helped them to rig up and lines were deployed and instruction started.Fast forward a couple of hours and my mate looks happy as with our efforts,and his opinion of my fishing skills has gone from Bob Dyer to Bigger than Ben Hur. :074:

Does he look happy or what!

post-5510-126725272301_thumb.jpg

post-5510-126725274636_thumb.jpg

post-5510-126725277269_thumb.jpg

Cheers,Bruce :beersmile:

Edited by Bananaphobic