Harbour Today

gobbledock

Got to Rosville Ramp 6am and hit the squiding/yakka grounds. With 20 squid and a bunch of yakkas started fishing inside the harbour hoping things would be different compared to last week but there was no kings to be found inside the heads not even the 798 could pick one up. So we ventured outside against tsunami warnings lol We managed 4 kings and 3 bonito in half an hour of arrival, then the Revenue collectors turn up (NSW Maritme) got slapped with $100 fine for having expired flares and told to stay inside the heads. Day ruined as not much was happening inside the heads, caught a few more fresh squid for dinner a set of home. Anyone have an insight why the Kings are not in middle harbour?

post-10853-126734158329_thumb.jpg

Hey mate,

I think i saw you out there. I noticed maritime were talking to you for quite some time. Interestingly they only asked to check one item of my equipment, that being flares and the expiry date too.

How big were the kingies on deck? They look to be in the mid 80s. We got a couple in the 80s and lost one which was well over 1m.

Solid effort fellas... Thats a nice haul you got yourself... I would put the lack of kings in middle harbour down to to the large amount of rain a week or so ago because it would have fushed alot of runnoff (fishfood) into the water and is now being taken out to sea in the currents and the kings are following it...

Good effort Guys,

No wonder why I have not caught Kingies land-based for a few weeks being that you could not find them inside anywhere!!!

That's some great Information thanks for that...

Hopefully in a few weeks they will start coming inside again and hopefully find one of my baits!!!!!!!

Might have to try on the Rocks for now as My chances will be somewhat higher.

Some nice specimens there well deserved for the Effort's too bad about the Fine but... :05:

Regards,

Nathan

Got to Rosville Ramp 6am and hit the squiding/yakka grounds. With 20 squid and a bunch of yakkas started fishing inside the harbour hoping things would be different compared to last week but there was no kings to be found inside the heads not even the 798 could pick one up. So we ventured outside against tsunami warnings lol We managed 4 kings and 3 bonito in half an hour of arrival, then the Revenue collectors turn up (NSW Maritme) got slapped with $100 fine for having expired flares and told to stay inside the heads. Day ruined as not much was happening inside the heads, caught a few more fresh squid for dinner a set of home. Anyone have an insight why the Kings are not in middle harbour?

they could have given you a warning :ranting2: they must be cheesed of for working on a sunday :ranting2:

Tried, asked them to wave the fine nicely and rather than getting fined to use that money to buy new flares. Now the flares will cost me 150 in total :mad3:

Hi Sorry for the Fine for the flairs.

Everything seems to have an expiry date that the NSW Water Police are keen to check (flares, Extinguisher).

Did they check the 2L of water per person and the MAP? V-Sheet?

At least you got a catch.

Hi Sorry for the Fine for the flairs.

Everything seems to have an expiry date that the NSW Water Police are keen to check (flares, Extinguisher).

Did they check the 2L of water per person and the MAP? V-Sheet?

At least you got a catch.

It happens mate. Heres a list of what they checked: Life jackets, flares, paper map of the harbour, V sheet, whistle/horn, fire extingusher, eperb, paddles, bucket with rope, can remeber the rest but there was more

It happens mate. Heres a list of what they checked: Life jackets, flares, paper map of the harbour, V sheet, whistle/horn, fire extingusher, eperb, paddles, bucket with rope, can remeber the rest but there was more

Interesting that they checked for an EPIRB considering it is only compulsory when operating more than 2 nautical miles from the coast which you were not.

I have learnt my lesson when I was missing a map. I was told i was recieving a warning. I distinctly remember the officer stating this and was very surprised when i recieved a fine in the mail.

At the end of the day, as frustrating as it may be it is up to us to inform ourselves of the rules and regulations and ensure we abide by them.

Enjoy your next trip

Interesting that they checked for an EPIRB considering it is only compulsory when operating more than 2 nautical miles from the coast which you were not.

I have learnt my lesson when I was missing a map. I was told i was recieving a warning. I distinctly remember the officer stating this and was very surprised when i recieved a fine in the mail.

At the end of the day, as frustrating as it may be it is up to us to inform ourselves of the rules and regulations and ensure we abide by them.

Enjoy your next trip

The Map is an interesting point. I know I need one when fishing at the heads or just a bit off. But I wouldn't have expected them to check.

So I have to print out the map of Sydney Harbour, and laminate it before I go out next time.

Thanks for the info

We have been getting them all month in MH its just been in the past 2 weekends we have struggled around there. But your right i havnt explored every where yet as is my first season fishing the harbour. Use to be a dangler now slowly becoming an angler