Parra Jew Session 28/2

wannabefisho

A few mates and I went out on Parra last night chase jewies

Armed with fresh squid, pilies and a whole Bonnie we had high hopes.

Last hour before the top of the tide I nailed 4 nice Breambo's (between 28 and 34cm- the 34cm model was really thick) and a few more that were throw-backs

Right as the tide swung to run out it happened-

Eddie's rod was buckled over and live peeling from it, a few minutes later a nice Soapie Jew was landed (est 65cm).

Wind got up pretty strong after 11pm so we packed up and headed home quite contented- even though I personally didnt land the Jew was awesome to see Eddie into another, and I enjoyed some light line action in real close on some good quality Breambo's.

We were LB, considering the spot we ended up @ isnt a "known" Jew hotspot we did pretty well.

We have hooked BIG Jew there before but its a long way to the water and you need a long handled net to get them up to the deck.

Still amazing fun and well done to my mate Eddie once again nailed the Jew :beersmile:

Them tiny jewies they call them soapies cause they taste like soap

is that right thats what ive herd anyway

How old would a jew like that be?

Wow love them bream they are monsters

Wish i could catch fish like that :1yikes:

well done guys

jasmine

ol :thumbup:

Them tiny jewies they call them soapies cause they taste like soap

is that right thats what ive herd anyway

How old would a jew like that be?

Wow love them bream they are monsters

Wish i could catch fish like that :1yikes:

well done guys

jasmine

ol :thumbup:

You can catch Bream easily Jasmine, these are no monsters compared to the big blue-Nose models we get in late Autumn and Spring though.

Tips:

Fish with split shots or no lead and use the smallest hooks you can

I used to be one of those who believed that "big hooks and baits means big fish" and I found although this is true for bigger jewies, bread'n'butter species like Bream, trevally and even flatties will take the smallest offerings and the good thing about light gear and small hooks is its almost guaranteed you will hook up immediately.

Plenty of good bream and I have been averaging between 3-5 Bream per session in the last few weeks both on Parra River and also on Lane Cove River.

Go get em they are there!

Thanks everyone else for the replies I am stoked I have blooded my new ABU 8' 3kg flick rod and Okuma Flame F30 reel on some nice fish, hope next time the Flatties will play game.

Tight lines! :1fishing1: