Rock Fishing

Victor78

Hi All

I went fishing with my dad today down at bombo it was a perfect day weather wise.

i started off spinning with lures and caught 3 bonito in 5minutes so i gave up on that as i have a freezer full of bonito for bait too last me to till summer. We started to fish the bottom with bonito and squid for bait, things where a bit quite till my dads rod bent over backwards and the drag was screaming after a 10minute fight running up and down the rock platform the fish ended up running him into a reef and the line snapped the way it fought it we reckon it would of been a kingfish around the 10kg mark as about 30mins later we had a king that size come up and steal a squid of a squid jig as i was realing it in

At the end off the day we ended up with 3 bonito 1 salmon and 1 cuttlefish

Hi All

I went fishing with my dad today down at bombo it was a perfect day weather wise.

i started off spinning with lures and caught 3 bonito in 5minutes so i gave up on that as i have a freezer full of bonito for bait too last me to till summer. We started to fish the bottom with bonito and squid for bait, things where a bit quite till my dads rod bent over backwards and the drag was screaming after a 10minute fight running up and down the rock platform the fish ended up running him into a reef and the line snapped the way it fought it we reckon it would of been a kingfish around the 10kg mark as about 30mins later we had a king that size come up and steal a squid of a squid jig as i was realing it in

At the end off the day we ended up with 3 bonito 1 salmon and 1 cuttlefish

Top Catch Victor, Weather looks awful this weekend. I just got a new job so cant fish as much anymore. The bonito's at Gerringong are going ballistic as well.

Top Catch Victor, Weather looks awful this weekend. I just got a new job so cant fish as much anymore. The bonito's at Gerringong are going ballistic as well.

Yea Steve ya right i was down at black rock today there where bonito and salmon and pike every where we got about 30 fish in 3 hours on lures where we only kept 3 salmon.

I wont be doin much fishin myself now as i have a job and start on monday i will have to go fishing on the weekends with the crowds now :ranting2:

Edited by Victor

Yea Steve ya right i was down at black rock today there where bonito and salmon and pike every where we got about 30 fish in 3 hours on lures where we only kept 3 salmon.

I wont be doin much fishin myself now as i have a job and start on monday i will have to go fishing on the weekends with the crowds now :ranting2:

Congrats mate. Looks like you made it through the intervew that you were telling me about. Oh and i also saw someone else use the same lures that you made with the flat sinker painted white. It works:)