Reef Magic Charters (Charters & Billfish Shootout)

Firstly I would like to thank everyone for welcoming us to the site. I have had quite a few phone calls from single people looking for single spots on charters. I normally take groups that organise themselves. Now that we are advetising on here if you are interested in a charter post a reply letting other people know that you are interested and we will try to get a group of 4 together and get up to Port Stephens and catch some marlin.

I have had a few groups recently come up on the bus... it leaves from Eddy Ave at Central and takes about 3 hours to get up there (Port Stephens coaches)www.pscoaches.com.au (its about $40)

They have been staying at the Salamander shores after fishing (about $99 & sleeps 4)

www.accorhotels.com/gb/hotel-7077-all-seasons-port-stephens-salamander-shores/index.shtml

It is always a great time and I will do my best to catch you some fish & I will give you a better rate per day than anyone for a week day charter.

Getting back to the fishing... we fished the Billfish Shootout with mixed results.

Day 1 we headed north from the port looking for the temperature break that I thought would hold some nice Blue marlin. After a couple of hours we found a good break & plenty of bird activity so worked the area pulling lures. Before long we had a fish strike the long rigger and almost lept across all the lines but we managed to clear them without any issue. First calls we a stripe but with the blistering run and that followed we new it was a nice blue. Bob was on the 37kg standup and doing a great job getting line back and we had him back to the boat swimming nicely along side to judge how big he might be. We called him for around the 140kg mark and in beautiful condition - tag went in and the fish was released to fight another day.

About a hour later in the same area we raised another fish that took the shotgun and this time Steve was on the 37kg chair rod. Working hard he got him back to the boat for a tag and again another blue of around 140kg. The rest of the day was quiet but we had long run home after stop fishing.

Day 2 we went back the the same area looking for the big blue we were after. The water looked great but we only managed one big dolphin fish for the day. We got in late as we had a 2 hour run home from up north.

The boat is running beautifully & we are still get into the fish up here each week. We had a four day charter over the weekend but unfortunately lost two days to bad weather. Anyway look forward to seeing some posts and hopefully get a few crews together. Cheers Mike

post-6936-126774202006_thumb.jpgpost-6936-126774205957_thumb.jpgpost-6936-126774212332_thumb.jpg

Nice report Mike and welcome to the forums.

These charters are easy to organise for a few mates and all is needed is a team captain to get the ball rolling and once you have the numbers and the C A S H :biggrin2: contact Mike and off you go in search of big fish.

Cheers Admin

StellaFella - We fished with Mike two weeks ago and he charged us $1650 per day mid week with all tackle, food & soft drinks supplied. We fished 5 people and it cost us $450 each for the day fishing, return bus from Sydney & one nights accomodation at Salamander Shores Hotel. We had a great time and great fun with my mates - it was an absolute blast to see one of my mates catch his first marlin. If you ask me at that price it is a bargain!post-10610-126775944502_thumb.jpg

Edited by boonga

StellaFella - We fished with Mike two weeks ago and he charged us $1650 per day mid week with all tackle, food & soft drinks supplied. We fished 5 people and it cost us $450 each for the day fishing, return bus from Sydney & one nights accomodation at Salamander Shores Hotel. We had a great time and great fun with my mates - it was an absolute blast to see one of my mates catch his first marlin. If you ask me at that price it is a bargain!post-10610-126775944502_thumb.jpg

Agreed Boonga!

Some hotels charge that much for one nights accomodation let alone a 3 hr transport + a days gamefishing.

Very well priced. :thumbup:

Get a group together Raiders & have a go with Mike.

I reckon you'll have a ball. :biggrin2:

Cheers,

Grant.