Finally Bought My First Runbout

eniax

Yep i finally bought my first runabout its a 15ft nautiglss v150 with a johnston 70 horsepower motor.Got it for $2500 nothing flash but it will keep me and my 7 yr old busy on weekends.Looking forward to catching a few kingies and jewies out in botany bay any advice would much be apreciated new to the site.

Yep i finally bought my first runabout its a 15ft nautiglss v150 with a johnston 70 horsepower motor.Got it for $2500 nothing flash but it will keep me and my 7 yr old busy on weekends.Looking forward to catching a few kingies and jewies out in botany bay any advice would much be apreciated new to the site.

Take the young fella out and teach him how to catch squid and yakkas , if you can catch livies reguarly that will be the base you need to get your kingfish and jew . Personally I havn't done a lot for them in botany but im sure some local raiders could help you with some bait spots and if your lucky they may share a jew or king spot with you. Do you have a sounder ? Likely plces are those big wharfs and around markers , headlands for your yakkas, kelp patchs for the squid. When I have been out on Botany I do see guys near the end of the run way and up further near a big wharf closer to the ocean mouth , but these would be heavily fished area and it would be handy to find your own ground with a sounder.

Good luck and im sure your son will be stoked to get out there on dads boat .

Bubba

Take the young fella out and teach him how to catch squid and yakkas , if you can catch livies reguarly that will be the base you need to get your kingfish and jew . Personally I havn't done a lot for them in botany but im sure some local raiders could help you with some bait spots and if your lucky they may share a jew or king spot with you. Do you have a sounder ? Likely plces are those big wharfs and around markers , headlands for your yakkas, kelp patchs for the squid. When I have been out on Botany I do see guys near the end of the run way and up further near a big wharf closer to the ocean mouth , but these would be heavily fished area and it would be handy to find your own ground with a sounder.

Good luck and im sure your son will be stoked to get out there on dads boat .

Bubba

Thanks for the helpful advice bubba,yeah the boat came with a sounder but never really used one before.Hope to see you out on the water one day let you know how the boat and fishing go this weekend weather permiting.

Congratulations on your purchase. Heres to reading many a good report from you and the 7yr old.

Cheers

Mrs Flightmanager

Thanks heaps hopefully will let you all know how the boat and fishing go this weekend