Boat Registration Requirements

burnsie

Hey guys,

i have a single axle boat trailer with no brakes for my 14ft boat which is currently unregistered and am unsure if i need to get it inspection or if i just have to pay the registration fee.....

any help would be great!

thanks in advance!

Hey guys,

i have a single axle boat trailer with no brakes for my 14ft boat which is currently unregistered and am unsure if i need to get it inspection or if i just have to pay the registration fee.....

any help would be great!

thanks in advance!

for which the trailer or the boat?

if its the trailer you need to get a blue slip and weigh bridge ticket ( weigh bridge ticket is only if the trailer has never been registered) and then you take the blue slip etc.. to rta n pay the fee then pay for the number plates etc..

if its boat you need to get a boat code number done for it from an authorized boat code place

hi burnsie that above post is correct though im pretty sure if your trailer is under 3 months being out of rego you do not have to get a inspection /blue slip/pink slip thats if your in nsw?and a little trick worth trying at the rta if old rego is in you name is to ask to renew and renstate,it did work on my boat which was regoed in nsw then i lived in vic and boat was regoed there and when i came back to put back in nsw rego after 3 years was to say renew and renstate and it was no probs ,good luck and let us know the outcome cheers :beersmile: