Rat Frenzy

zen801

Hi all,

Went for a fish at 7am and 30 mins later had a rat in the boat. Over the next hour or two managed 5 rats from 55 - 64cm. Had hoardes of them in my burly trail and at times a few big ones cruised through.

Scored a nice size squid and a trev at another spot and called it a day nice and early as the wind was picking up.

Rats were great fun and it was so hectic couldnt even get a ciggie into me. :biggrin2:

Cheers

post-2060-126809859073_thumb.jpg

...Over the next hour or two managed 5 rats from 55 - 64cm. Had hoardes of them in my burly trail and at times a few big ones cruised through.

Scored a nice size squid and a trev at another spot and called it a day nice and early as the wind was picking up.

Rats were great fun and it was so hectic couldnt even get a ciggie into me. :biggrin2:

Cheers

Mike, after this effort it looks like we'll have to grab hold of a non fishing video nerd and do a Biggles & Barry movie, I reckon a series of Biggles & Barry videos would buy our first block of flats :thumbup:

Cheers Barry :biggrin2:

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Well done Mike,

Sounds like a great session with those fish looking after your health keeping that ciggie away frm your mouth.

Cannot wait till you post a good keeper .

Marcel the old ciggies are hard to beat especially when fishing or drinking.

It was awesome just watching the kings feeding in the burly trail, there were heaps with some bigger fish swimming up from deeper water but being shy to come right up unlike the smaller ones who i couldve just about hand fed. Yakkas everywere as well as other fish. Mate i am ready for a bigger model having set the rod with 55lb braid and 100 mono. Where we have been finding them in several places it is either shallow and close to shore or very close to structure.

All rats took pillie fillets unweighted and were released.

Have learnt the hard way with kingies that you really need to use your sounder to find them and keep moving until you do. My Lowrance 515C DF is not too bad at locating them.

Mike