Road Trip. 1St Fish @ South West Rocks.

Gorms

G'day everyone.

So after not being able to fish in Forster, and South West Rocks the last few days due to bad weather, we were lucky enough to find SWR like a lake yesterday.

We headed out and along the headlands trawling some xraps for bonito. Picked up a few pretty quickly and one was kept for bait, one was cut into cubes and placed in a container with fresh lime juice, picked Ginger and soy. Tasted awesome for a snack during the day.

We trawled a bit further along the coast and had a double hook up. We landed 2 Mack Tuna that put up a great fight. Great looking fish.

Tried to get some live bait from Green Island but only had schools of angel fish around the boat so after half an hour there we headed off to Fish Rock with only knife jigs.

At Fish Rock we sounded around for a while and finally came across a pretty good patch of colour on the sounder. We sent the jigs down and on the 2nd retrieve I was onto a 70cm Kingfish. That's my first King on a knife jig so felt pretty good. Also was a good feeling getting onto some fish 300 meters away from the group of the boats anchored up around eachother.

Soon after we had bled the King for dinner, Phil had a decent Tuna take his knife jig. Didn't get to weigh it as we had our dinner and wanted to get it back in the drink as soon as we could but it went like crazy.

After the short session we put the outriggers on and headed out into the deeper water. Unfortuntately nothing to write about here but was certainly happy with the outriggers and the spread we could achieve on a 5meter trailer boat.

Kingfish sushimi with wasabi for entree followed by Garlic buttered Kingfish fillets with oven baked potatoes and fresh salad. Awesome end to a great days fishing.

Bonville international Golf course today and were are currently doing the trek to the Gold Coast.

Will have to get the photos from the Lumix onto my computer to send on when I can.  Only the iPhone photos at the moment and browser won't let me manage attachments.

Cheers

Dave

Everythings going well. Wernt able to fish the Gold Coast due to wind and rain, but we have fingers crossed for tomorrow at Moreton Bay.

Hopefully we can find a reef holding kings so we can do some

jigging. Really getting into the jigging method at he moment. Will have to ask around for some info on the kings whereabouts.

Hopefully next post in the comig days.

Cheers.