Lbg

Victor78

Hi All

i was thinking of going purely live baiting with the big gear of the rocks next week some time weather permitting and was just wondering if anybody has caught or seen any decent fish of the Rocks in the last few weeks either up or down the coast. Theres alot of bait around lately and was wondering if anything bigger was hanging around it any information would be helpful

I live in Campbelltown Im willing to travel as far north as Port Stephens or has far south as Ulladulla and if any1 is interested in joining me feel free to pm me

i was talking to a bloke in the tackle shop a few weeks ago (another customer) and he had encountered a couple of beakies the previous week. south coast.also kings bigger than seen here have been caught and lost.

a small black off north head area at the moment would not amaze me.

avago mate . you wont catch anything at home.

edit additional info given

Edited by stevefish

i had a big run from what would of appeared to be a fairly large tuna @ avoca beach on friday last week only got to see a glimpse of it would of been 1mtre + and took off like a freight train toward to ocean (even with full drag setting on my exceller)

I have been fishing of the North Head for the last 4 weekends, And we all have been getting smoked by big kings. Its really hard to Get yakkas down the ladders so we have been live baiting jellybean bonito's and they have been the trick. Another technique we have used is whilst someone has caught a bonito we leave it in the water close to the rocks, you can see kings going for the bonito, so we drop in big sluggos and we have been getting smoked. I wish i could show you photos but I reckon we have lost 10 or more 1mtr plus kings.

Keep it easy.

i was talking to a bloke in the tackle shop a few weeks ago (another customer) and he had encountered a couple of beakies the previous week. south coast.also kings bigger than seen here have been caught and lost.

a small black off north head area at the moment would not amaze me.

avago mate . you wont catch anything at home.

edit additional info given

Hi steve

Yea ive heard about the Marlin that where caught off the Tubes at JB during the week around Australia Day public holiday they reckon 6 marlin between 80kg and 150kg where landed with many more bust offs and they have been getting some monster kings off Devils Gorge too from what ive been hearing.

I aint fished JB LBG for over 10years as the people who fish it are TOOLS they take things way to serious and wave around knives and death threats if things dont go there way. Ive found heaps better other locations to fish with no crowds.

Thanks for the info Steve

i had a big run from what would of appeared to be a fairly large tuna @ avoca beach on friday last week only got to see a glimpse of it would of been 1mtre + and took off like a freight train toward to ocean (even with full drag setting on my exceller)

Hi DGF

I aint been to Avoca for years now as it gets to crowded. Are the crowds of ppl still bad up there??? and can you even float out a live bait without having 10 pilchards on floats or 10 guys spinning tanglin up with your line up at Avoca these days?????

I have been fishing of the North Head for the last 4 weekends, And we all have been getting smoked by big kings. Its really hard to Get yakkas down the ladders so we have been live baiting jellybean bonito's and they have been the trick. Another technique we have used is whilst someone has caught a bonito we leave it in the water close to the rocks, you can see kings going for the bonito, so we drop in big sluggos and we have been getting smoked. I wish i could show you photos but I reckon we have lost 10 or more 1mtr plus kings.

Keep it easy.

Hi Mustard

They are some big Kings you have been hooking there mate. Ive never fished at North Head or any other spot in Sydney Harbour in fact. Is North Head easy to get too??? Is it crowded????