A Winner After A Tough Weekend

Hey guys

Me and the old man entered the Riverstone Remorial fishin open this weekend which is just a basic heaviest of species comp held over 3 days, it only cost 20 bucks to have a chance of winning lucky door prize which was a ally craft 4.35 reel mate 30hp yamma ect ect

Friday.......

Fished by myself friday arvo around kernell for nothing much but good sized trevs (35-40cm) and 1 flattie that was around 45cm, but the worst thing was.......... i lost my almost famous home made blade when a fish ran me around my prop with its last dash for freedom but lucky i had already drawn it up ready to get laser cut :biggrin2:

Saturday........

Played golf

Sunday.......

It was a really slow start, i didnt even get a hit in the first hour even after a few different locations. I convinced my old man to let me teach him how to use plastics and vibes and after 2hrs and only landing one under sized flattie i thought he would never try the lures again! :thumbdown:

Finally decided to move wide of towra and boy didnt things change! within 15 min he landed his first ever fish on a plastic and didnt stop at that he landed around 4 trevs in a row and i was net boy for around half an hour but i didnt mind because He now "has the bug"

And then after a great little fight he lands this a 38cm bream the bastard and now he's telling me what to do!!!

14vhe1z.jpg

Not wanting to let him have all the braging rights i finally landed a winning fish that got me the heaviest whiting that was a little over 500g gutted and gilled (comp rules)and went a tad over 40cm

I got this little neat trophy and only won by a couple of grams :thumbup:

2a76ijq.jpg

I also won a am/fm gme marine radio, braided line and a silstar 2-4kg spin stick which i gave to the old man who is over the moon and cant wait to get out again

21n347m.jpg

Now he has no excuse not to come out and there is no need for stinkin bait!

Thanks guys

Pete

:thumbup: TOP STUFF MATE :thumbup:

CONGARTULATIONS on your first place getting!!!!

Good to see that the old man has the bug now!! ( Fishing partner for life )

CHeeRS

Antun

Haha

he has always had the bug.....

now we just fish from the same side of the boat now :thumbup:

Thanks dude

Pete

Congratulations on your win. It was a tough weekend and you appear to hit the best bite of the weekend (by current reports anyway :thumbup: ). Did the bite come on due to a tide change or was it just the new location....last year I caught plenty of flatties amongst the weed just off Towra, but haven't had a chance to retry there this year as the wind has defeated me each time I have tried.

Congratulations on your win. It was a tough weekend and you appear to hit the best bite of the weekend (by current reports anyway :thumbup: ). Did the bite come on due to a tide change or was it just the new location....last year I caught plenty of flatties amongst the weed just off Towra, but haven't had a chance to retry there this year as the wind has defeated me each time I have tried.

Just a change of location and attack mate, i went to a curl tail grub in a darker colour (watermelon) and put on a darker plastic for the old man and it seemed to work

It was actually just reaching the top of the tide when we pulled stumps and headded home, towra has saved me alot of times this summer but its never the first place i try for some reason

Oh and i had a rat king chase a plastic when i was retrieving quick to help the old man net his bream! it was pretty surprising being that far in

Pete

Just a change of location and attack mate, i went to a curl tail grub in a darker colour (watermelon) and put on a darker plastic for the old man and it seemed to work

It was actually just reaching the top of the tide when we pulled stumps and headded home, towra has saved me alot of times this summer but its never the first place i try for some reason

Oh and i had a rat king chase a plastic when i was retrieving quick to help the old man net his bream! it was pretty surprising being that far in

Pete

Yeh I busted of twice on my bream gear at Towra by something very fast...they must just bait into the shallower water there.

Nice one Pete

I remember my father outfishing me and my brother the first time he used SPs He caught a heap of flatties on a orange twin tail mister twister down at Sussex Inlet a long time ago

Theres always rat kings hanging around the outer edges of Towra I got one in the tournie I fished with Neil on bream gear