14/3/10 Harbour

Krispy !

Hey raiders,

This morning i got up ready for a good session. Me and my brother got to the wharf at 0530 and got into the action straight away. All we caught upto the turn of the tide was a just legal snapper :thumbdown: , but when the tide turned the fish became hyperactive.My brother flicked out a plastic only to see it get smashed by a king :1yikes: . The reel was screaming and the kingie went deep. My brother upped the drag on the fish and started gaining on it. Two miuntes later we had a nice king in the net at 61cms(released unharmed) :biggrin2: . While we were admiring the catch i noticed the tip of my other rod dipping slightly. I lifted slowly and felt some weight. Then fish took a short run then started zipping around the pylons. After a short tussle,to my surprise i had landed a 55cm Amberjack :yahoo: . Then while i was puting the amberjack into the bucket i heared the unmistakable sound of a the livebait reel going off ZZZzzzzZZZZZZzzzZzZ!!!. My brother was on again,then my rod buckled over! Double hookup!!! :yahoo::thumbup: I ended up losing my fish to the plyons but my brother had a good fish on. After a few more spirited runs the fish gave in and surfaced, but following it were two other kings of roughly the same size. I dropped in a pillie cube and both of them turned around and had a go at it, I hooked up and after another tough fight i brought up a 81cm kingie, my brothers one was 87cms :1prop: . It quietened down and while we were packing up there was some surface action going off not too far away so my brother rigged on a halco twistie and on his fourth cast he scored a nice mack tuna :thumbup: . We left at 10 am and got back in time for the Sunday footy show.

Cheers,

Seriola Lalandi,

Edited by seriola lalandi