Fishing Lake Mac With Jbjew

After setting up on Saturday with just our swags and a small table with a sun shade we were getting a little nervous , but sitting there looking out over the water got us keen and we decided it was time to give it a crack anyway .We put in at Wangi aroung 4.30pm and it was looking pretty ugly :1badmood: , gusty winds rain and some pretty nasty looking cloud cover Our commitment paid off when on my First cast I must have laned it on a breams head as I was hit on the drop and then got crunched and ended up with a good bream tearing off through the weed and with JB's help on the net this was the first one to start off our trip .post-10942-126862474865_thumb.jpg

Then the wind calmed off for a few mins so I started throwing a Pencil which after only half a dozen casts ended up with a bream tailgating it, one big hit and a miss so I kept the lure going at speed and then 2 more hits also missing so I paused it and it was demolished finally a hookup and after a good fight ended up with this one

post-10942-12686248697_thumb.jpgIts great to catch any fish in shallow water they just seem to go harder and make it so dam exciting.

Now it was JB's turn to get in on the action , pulling into a small bay that the wind was blowing into JB launched his popper across the bay right onto the edge of the weed and sand , he would of only got the lure back a couple meters when multiple fish charged his lure there was at least 3 bow wakes coming up on his lure :1yikes: from 2 behind and 1 from side on , when they hit his lure flew out of the water but he kept twitching and they came stright back on it and he got clobbered again but this time it was a hookup and he did well to hang on with 4ld leader , as he hadn't yet put on the mono leader .Congrats with your new PB and on a popper as well Great work big fella !!!! :yahoo:

post-10942-126862572883_thumb.jpg

Not long after this it started to rain pretty hard and I could hardly control the boat in the gusting wind :mad3: so we headed into Wangi behind the point out of the wind Caught some small bream , JB got rubbed off by a good flatty . There was a lot of fish on the sounder some individual decent fish and lots of bait , tailor or bonnies were out wider and a few blokes were trolling for them we had one zip past the boat like a torpedo :1yikes: chasing small bait so I cast a pencil in front of him and he had a crack at it pushing water everywhere but came off after only a couple seconds . JB then caght a good sized flounder , I finished off with a 27cm snapper and we called it a day . Got back to the campsite to find my swag looking more like a swimming pool :ranting2: Then it rained and rained hard and didn't stop . Was starting to think about building an Ark and collecting some local wildlife as it just didn't stop all night , 46mm of rain . So I found a towel for a pillow and sleept in the car , tried to anyway .

Sunday morning we got up headed back out moved around the Lake and found fish on a couple of the shorelines no great concentrations of them but some bream and flattys really made for an for a really enjoyable day . We caught them on blades surface and plastics nothing was a real standout on the day they all worked in different locations .

post-10942-126862639907_thumb.jpgpost-10942-126862642173_thumb.jpg

post-10942-126862646471_thumb.jpgpost-10942-126862654232_thumb.jpg

Then JB hooked what looks to be the smallest capture I have ever witnessed on a H\B

post-10942-126862671097_thumb.jpg

Then on our way back I saw a rock bar I have never fished and decided to sound around it , picking up heaps of bait and a rough and weedy bottom , out came the blades , it didn't take long and I had a small hit , then another only secounds later , so I paused the lure and gave it a chance to eat it , then it loaded up , a good fish called it for a sloid flatty . With only 4lb fluro between me and him I used light drag and just took my time as he swam around one side of the rock bar out into the open then back towards his home , eventually I got him to the surface and JB slotted him nicely into my way to tiny net , Thanks Mate .

post-10942-126862705118_thumb.jpg

Interesting to see the spots we fished Sat that were firing in the bad weather but on sunday we couldn't get a touch and had to fish a lot of shoreline to find our fish .

Had a great trip JB thanks for the company and all the tucker , until next time .

Bubba

Very nice Bubba! :thumbup:

Some great looking bream & that flatty was a solid fish.

It was great to catch up with you on Sunday arvo. You did look very tired! Nice to meet you as well JBjew.

Hell boy looks like an awesome rig. I can't wait to have a fish on her. :1yikes:

Well done mate.

Cheers,

Grant.

WOW!!! Awesome looking breambos, Bubba!! Congrats to JB's PB ...... how long & how much did it weigh???? It looks a real thumper!

That flattie of yours is brilliant too - all the more so on 4lb line! More details, Please!!

Wasn't the weather a PAIN!!?? It bucketted here on Sat for Day 1 of the ABT yak comp - about 6 times! I was sitting in a litre of water all day! The top dried out, but the rear never did! (I was social photographer, didn't enter!) Had fun tho & got some good breambos!

Caught up with Max & he said you were practising down there!!

Cheers

Roberta

Basscatcher

Posted Yesterday, 05:32 PM

Sounds like a great trip despite the weather and lack of sleep. A good surface session makes everything look good

Yeah Mate I'd have to agree , there is something special about cathing them on top!

Bubba

Jewhunter

Posted Yesterday, 06:05 PM

Very nice Bubba!

Some great looking bream & that flatty was a solid fish.

It was great to catch up with you on Sunday arvo. You did look very tired! Nice to meet you as well JBjew.

Hell boy looks like an awesome rig. I can't wait to have a fish on her.

Well done mate.

Cheers,

Grant.

Was good to see you again mate and I will do my best to get up to the tweed and also to get you on Hellboy so you can give it full noise ! Yeah I was buggered on Sunday when I saw you , very little sleep and plenty of fishing was catching up with me . Bubba

Roberta

Posted Yesterday, 08:13 PM

WOW!!! Awesome looking breambos, Bubba!! Congrats to JB's PB ...... how long & how much did it weigh???? It looks a real thumper!

That flattie of yours is brilliant too - all the more so on 4lb line! More details, Please!!

Wasn't the weather a PAIN!!?? It bucketted here on Sat for Day 1 of the ABT yak comp - about 6 times! I was sitting in a litre of water all day! The top dried out, but the rear never did! (I was social photographer, didn't enter!) Had fun tho & got some good breambos!

Caught up with Max & he said you were practising down there!!

Cheers

Roberta

The Flatty went 75cm approx it was longer then the measure on the net handle , JB'S Bream went 30 to the fork , just a couple mil short , but don't tell anyone ! :biggrin2: Was glad to see him starting to pick up some of the techniques, won't be long and he will be smashing them.

Bubba

Mako

Posted Yesterday, 09:24 PM

Great report.

Well done on getting that nice flattie on 4lb trace.

Congrats on the new PB JBjew

Yeah was happy to get the flatty on the light stuff as the last 4 or 5 i have had on that size have all rubbed me off , it was good to get my lure back for once.

Bubba

swordfisherman

Posted Yesterday, 05:10 PM

Solid fish guys and congrats on your new PB ......JB

Cheers Stewy

Thanks Mate, hope to get JB into a coouple larger models up at Forster or in Syd Harbour .

Cheers

Bubba

That's some good fish there. Looks like you made the most of it in spite of the rain!

I've fished the Lake occasionally on holidays - beautiful area. Had most luck in winter with good sized flathead! Must be a hot water / power station influence thing. Massive system, will take a while to get to know the lay of the land - just need to get up there more often for my holidays ...

G'day Bubba

Was up at Swansea last weekend to and can attest how bad the conditions were.

Top result for some very trying conditions.

Cheers

Trapper Tom

Yeah it wasn't real dry in my swag , im probably headed up there in 2 weeks , might have to stop being so cheap and shell out for a cabin though. Are you going in the comp at lake Mac next month ?

Bubba

• 2 weeks later...