Why Did I Ever Sell My Abu's?

slinkymalinky

OK, so I admit it, I just bought myself a new toy...

post-6175-126871219731_thumb.jpg

It's so good it's almost obscene. Of course I cracked it open and the engineering is on par with reels way more expensive from the Japanese brands. Coupled with recently opening up a couple of ABUs for Jewhunter, I've realised that while I've been caught up in the Daiwa/Shimano 'dash for flash' (don't get me wrong, they make great reels), ABU have been quietly doing what they've always done. Focusing instead on amazing engineering quality and simplicity.

Being out of fashion, ABUs IMHO currently represent fantastic value for money. If I could, I'd swap my Charter Special for an ABU 7000, my Daiwa Sol baitcaster for a Revo STX, and then just get myself a set of C3's.

I don't own any of their spin reels...yet... but the Soron STX looks to be a reel that is half the price of it's counterparts in quality.

Why oh why did I sell my ABUs?? Oh well, live and learn (and buy new gear).

Cheers, Slinky

Oh Darn!!! Next time you contemplate selling stuff ........ put them in the back of a drawer for 12 months & if you don't come looking for them inside that time, you won't miss them!

Cheerio

Roberta

It's OK Slinky at least one of them went to a home where it is loved :biggrin2:

Blood Knot

Make that two of them. :biggrin2:

The 5600 sits nicely with it's brothers. A 6500, 7000 & 10000.

Yep, I love my abu's, although Slinky would disagree the way I treat them!! :ranting2:

Nice new toy Slinky! :thumbup:

Cheers,

Grant.

Mmmm. I think it might have something to do with going to Monduran in 10 days! :biggrin2:

Then again, knowing Slinky, that's probably just an excuse!! :074:

Cheers,

Grant.

Go ahead ... rub it in! :mad3: :mad3: :mad3: Damn conferences. Count me in for the next trip though :biggrin2:

Cheers

Skip