I Didn't Write The Caption, Honest!

arpie

Hi guys

A couple of months ago Shane Chaulker (local gun photographer who took that pic of ET with the snapper (on the front of FW a couple of months back ......) asked me to don my blackfishing gear & toss around to find some blackies for an subwater photo! Couldn't find any blackies but was busted off numerous times by big pigs/drummer - they were too quick for Shane to get pics 'with a fish on'!

So he just went for the 'float in the water shot'! I wasn't even sure if I would be in the pic ........ so when the mag hit the stands today, I had a look & the caption says "Perfectly weighted for blackfishing" (or something similar!

Oh no!!! It's not!! I was asked to take a bit of weight off, so it 'stood out' better for the pic!! :wacko: Normally I would only have the top 2-4 stripes showing, depending on how rough the water is!! :wacko: I have no doubt that someone will write in saying just that too!!! "No, it's not!!"

Ah well - ya can't win 'em all!!

Cheerio & tight lines

Roberta

Edited by Roberta

hehehe Yep, that is me, Hazza! If I want to stay incognito, I just put on a normal hat!! It is amazing how many people come up to me here at Forster & say - are you Roberta? THey have read the foru, & are not necessarily members even!!

Hi Myocard - it is in Fishing World - in the blackfishing article!

Cheers

Roberta

Lies, damn lies and media!!

:074:

All over Australia, novice blackfishers will be missing takes because they try to do it like Roberta does in the pictures. :biggrin2:

I think this is the fishing mag equivalent of celebs happening to be in the same restaurant by coincidence and then having the media report them as an item!!

Cheers, Slinky

.....Lies, damn lies and media!!...... Yep - never believe what you read in the media, folks!! :tease:

Well .... it was perfectly weighted ....... for the photographer, who was in the water, swimming with it, trying to get the shot!!! :1prop: No mean feat, if you've ever swum along the Breakwall with an 'out tide' hooning thru! Glad it was him & not me! :wacko:

Hey it was fun trying to catch a blackie for him ...... shame the drummers didn't stay on the hook! :mad3:

Roberta