Which Area's Not Allowed To Be Fished In Botany Bay?

Tinman_zx10r

Hi guys,

I was fishing with my brother on Sunday around Towra Point with SP trying to get Flathead and Bream and what ever else was around.....

It was the first time fishing there, and I thought it was a little strange why we were the only one's there fishing..... so it's been playing onn my mind all week, as I like to do the right thing.

I have now purchased a Botany Bay map and found out that we were fishing in a Refuge zone. The map states that you are allowed ( Recreational fishing permitted, but no bait gathering or use of traps ) Map was printed in 2006

can anyone tell me if this has changed, and where you can and can't fish. Put my mind at peace please!

Cheers

Thien

:)

Hey mate the map should still be right so there are no worries there.

I fished towra on sunday with sp,s too and picked up some nice bream and whiting i just guess most other people go for the "biguns" around trevally alley and the the oil wharf so im quite happy no one was there.

I even had a kingy chase a plastic when i was winding in fast for a net job

pete

Edited by Breambucket

Hey mate the map should still be right so there are no worries there.

I fished towra on sunday with sp,s too and picked up some nice bream and whiting i just guess most other people go for the "biguns" around trevally alley and the the oil wharf so im quite happy no one was there.

I even had a kingy chase a plastic when i was winding in fast for a net job

pete

Thanks Pete for the reply I actaully caught a kingie on Monday 61cm near the mouth of cooks river on SP, came out of no where and hit it like a frieght train right underneth the boat took bout 15 - 20min on 6lb line with 8lb leader here's a pic

Hopefully it comes back bigger next year......it was a loner as well not long after that I caught a 45cm trevally at the same spot

Cheers

Thien

post-13469-12688277361_thumb.jpg

Good stuff mate :thumbup:

Ive had one on at the sticks for a while but with 4lb leader it wasnt to be.

Towra has been good to me all summer and have landed whiting to 42cm bream to the same size and nice flatties around the 50-55cm mark

And heaps and heaps of Trevs

pete

Good stuff mate :thumbup:

Ive had one on at the sticks for a while but with 4lb leader it wasnt to be.

Towra has been good to me all summer and have landed whiting to 42cm bream to the same size and nice flatties around the 50-55cm mark

And heaps and heaps of Trevs

pete

Nice!!! never caught bream that big on SP yet hopefully one day it's only a matter of time :)

Thien

It's fine to fish in the refuge zone, if you check the Maritime website they have a newer map which is much more informative than the paper one's,whilst the never map has grids lines I couldn't get a satisfactory calibration in my GPS program so best to rely on landmarks than a GPS reading based on this map.