Roberta The Model

Mondo Rock

Now I may be wrong here - after all I've never met Roberta - but I would swear that the out of focus angler on page 43 of the latest Fishing World magazine (article name "Big City Blackfish") is our very own Roberta.

Way to go R-Dizzle, you're now immortalised in the Australian fishing media!!

(of course if I'm wrong then please move along - nothing to see here.)

:Funny-Post:

I'll have to get a copy, Mondo. I think actually that Roberta is our very own 'Lady Gaga'... addicted to celebrity :biggrin2:

Her smiling face pops up regularly in fishing mags. Having fished with her though and being lucky enough to consider her a friend, she's not only one of the nicest people you'll ever meet, she's also a very passionate, thoughtful and inventive fisho who is also full of zeal and generosity when it comes to sharing that knowledge.

It's no coincidence that people like that are the ones who end up in the media... I think Hodgey would make a more regular appearance too if he were a little better looking :tease:

I just hope Roberta doesn't let it go to her head and start wearing giant sunglasses and beer cans in her hair :074:

Cheers, Slinky

:Funny-Post:

It's no coincidence that people like that are the ones who end up in the media... I think Hodgey would make a more regular appearance too if he were a little better looking :tease:

Cheers, Slinky

THIS from a man who got his mug in a National magazine wearing a Sesame Street Character Baseball cap! :074:

But he does have a point. Spend some quality time with Roberta and her enthusiasm and passion for fishing is infectious. Troll through her posts on this site and it soon becomes obvious that Roberta deserves any accolades she may receive.

Cheers

Hodgey

THIS from a man who got his mug in a National magazine wearing a Sesame Street Character Baseball cap! :074:

But he does have a point. Spend some quality time with Roberta and her enthusiasm and passion for fishing is infectious. Troll through her posts on this site and it soon becomes obvious that Roberta deserves any accolades she may receive.

Cheers

Hodgey

I did notice that when Slinky was in a mag they only showed his back!!!

Imagine that mug on the front cover. :1yikes:

Well done Roberta 'Gaga'.

Better you in there than any of us!

Cheers,

Grant

hahaha Thanks guys - all part of the fun of fishing this great spot & Shane is a gun fisho himself! Chris from the caravan park suggested he ring me to try & land a blackie for the mag. Shane has this amazing camera that he uses for these 'half in the water, half out of the water shots & it looks like a Spaceman's helmet on the front of his camera! He was swimming alongside the float to get a few shots (and anyone who knows Forster Breakwall, knows that it flows at a great rate of knots!!) Better him than me in the water, I reckon!!

Shame we didn't land a blackfish tho, as he really wanted a shot of a fish being brought in from an underwater/above water angle! The only hookups I got were bustoffs from big drummer! :1badmood:

.....THIS from a man who got his mug in a National magazine wearing a Sesame Street Character Baseball cap! ...... THIS, I gotta see!! Anyone got a copy to put up on the thread??

I am still awaiting my own copy of the mag, having subscribed only last week!! :1yikes: Hope it will be my first issue. :biggrin2:

cheers

Gaga

Really Nice Cobia there, Slinky! I never had kids (married one instead! :biggrin2: ) so wouldn't have recognised the cap if I'd fallen over it!! :074:

Your secret is safe with me, Slinky!

Gaga