Port Hacking On 20Th

Yowie

Fished early for 2 legal reddies, and a few just under size. In the deep water off Lilli Pilli. One reddie was 43cm, biting on pilchards and salted bonito strips. Pumped some nippers in shallow water, and watched a frigate mackerel zooming around in not much more than ankle deep water scaring the small whiting. Drifted the sand flats and pulled out a couple of bream to 30cm and a couple of whiting to 34 cm. A lot of throw back whiting. Over the flats I saw schools of sand mullet feeding at the surface, so a few bread crusts started them feeding. Pulled out a few to 35cm, and the bream moved in to attack the floating bread. Only managed undersize ones, but the bigger ones were there. Also caught a 35cm trevally feeding under the mullet, and a just undersize flattie flew up from the bottom and grabbed my bait as it was floating on the surface.

The hacking.

Guest Aussie007

Fished early for 2 legal reddies, and a few just under size. In the deep water off Lilli Pilli. One reddie was 43cm, biting on pilchards and salted bonito strips. Pumped some nippers in shallow water, and watched a frigate mackerel zooming around in not much more than ankle deep water scaring the small whiting. Drifted the sand flats and pulled out a couple of bream to 30cm and a couple of whiting to 34 cm. A lot of throw back whiting. Over the flats I saw schools of sand mullet feeding at the surface, so a few bread crusts started them feeding. Pulled out a few to 35cm, and the bream moved in to attack the floating bread. Only managed undersize ones, but the bigger ones were there. Also caught a 35cm trevally feeding under the mullet, and a just undersize flattie flew up from the bottom and grabbed my bait as it was floating on the surface.

The hacking.

what boat were u in mate? i was downrigging lilli pilly early but to much bloody sea weed! we also anchored there for a few minutes than we went off the heads it was a perfect day

Edited by gazza

Guest Aussie007
Any Schools of tailor or bonnies around?? heading there soon and hope to find some fish
try the north head of the hacking there is a long walk path that runs behind all the houses go down and fish off of the rocks near the marker u will be onto the bonnies they seem to be deeper down in the hacking and smaller than botany bay and port kembla so take that into consideration

what boat were u in mate? i was downrigging lilli pilly early but to much bloody sea weed! we also anchored there for a few minutes than we went off the heads it was a perfect day

An old Quintrex tinnie. The run up tide pushed more weed in.

Any Schools of tailor or bonnies around?? heading there soon and hope to find some fish

Early on there were fish jumping near the shallows, but they appeared to be pike or snook splashes, not tailor. Later the frigates turned up.