Iluka

sulla

My fishing buddy convinced me to do a mad weekend trip to iluka and fish the rockwall

weather was great we also kept constantly watching the surf cams for yamba and Iluka however they were very deceptive. the water colour was shocking at low tide brown treacle water

came running out casting out to sea the water was so dirty that lures were hopeless obviously no LT's around but saw them busting up out wide as for live bait only this morning did the yakkas appear however saterday was a write off . we did manage a few tailor on pilchards which be came a last resort on saterday afternoon and lots of sharks the tailor ended up as jew bait as we did watch a 23 kg jew get landed on saterday morning taken on a big filet . Unfortuanltey the best we managed was a huge shovel nose.

Unfortunatly one of those weekends. One bonus was i hadnt been there before so at least have gained some insight .

Thought i would post this report mainly in case anybodies thinking over heading north over easter if your lucky it will clear up.

theres two walls personaly prefer iluka's its longer and if its a south easterly in regards to the walls in the past can get packed if there are a big run of LT about hasnt happend since 2007 due to dirty water since the start of haveing wet summers and best time is april. to be honest if the tuna arent running pretty quite we could see one person only on the yamba wall on the iluka max was about 8 snd its a damn long wall defianlty wear comfy boots the flat part of the wall is full of apple to grapefruit size stones. Hope you have a good trip. Hope the water is clear for you plenty of live bait around and big jews if the tuna and spanish are not there .

Edited by sulla