Port Stephens 15 April 05

Took the family up to Port Stephens for a week and just returned home today. We stayed in a holiday unit in Anna Bay and had a great time. We took the kids to the usual spots and I managed a couple of fishing sessions. I went to Soldiers Point and launched the boat, but if I had a bigger boat, would have ventured further afield as I saw on the dolphin watch tour there is some awesome spots further up near the mouth of the Port. Anyhow, my son and I had a great time spinning and using the fly for lots of tailor, mainly chopper size. Saw some huge bust ups and got there for the tailor, not sure if there was anything else under them. Here's a pic of the sunrise yesterday, sorry no fishing pics.

Guest bluecod

Yep! yesterday's sunrise was a beauty!

Good to hear that your son also got out on the water and enjoyed a piscatorial adventure with his Dad - shouldn't be too long before you have that bigger boat and he may put some pressure to go out more frequently :1clap:

Hey Ken good to hear that you got to spend a few precious moments with your son doing what real men were made to do and at that magic Port Stephens to boot. We were out 4x4ing in the dunes today at Stockton just next to Port Stephens and avoiding the millions of fishos near the Sygma wreck. Good stuff.

Wombat :1fishing1:

G'day Wombat,

we did the Stockton beach sand dunes tour for 2 hours. The guide we had was great and very friendly, informative, funny and great with the kids. We all had a go at the sandboarding which was great fun. Learnt heaps about the dunes, didnt know there was so much to them with the shifting dunes, the aboriginal sites and Tin City etc. I would love to get a 4 wheel drive myself just to go there and exlore some of the fishing/surfing spots along the 30 km stretch, it is a great spot. I hope to make it up there with the family annually. Do you live up that way or were you there on hols?