Broken Bay Game Fishing Comp...

yakka

Hey fishraiders...

Recently as a few of you should know the Broken Bay Fishing Comp was held... Unfortuantley i dont have a boat and could not get out there but hey went to the weigh in and browsed on some quality fish... However my champ of a god father went out and landed some quality specimens, stripes and a blue i think... All catch and release gladly... Here are a few pics... Anyways if any of you guys got out would love to see some pics...

post-12906-126924085813_thumb.jpg

post-12906-126924090706_thumb.jpg

post-12906-12692409349_thumb.jpg

post-12906-126924097647_thumb.jpg

I was wondering the same as I was out sat off Sydney and heard some of the fish called in.

There was some very good captures on 15 of tigers I think over 250 and some stripes and blues like you posted.

Surely there's a few Raiders that fished it with good tales to tell.

Cheers... Steve...

Guys the amount of marlin around was incedible. On Born Free we left Port Stephens at 5am and run for 2 hours just to get inside the boundary. When fishing started the bait was up on the surface and we tagged a double on 15kg trolling skipbaits, 4 tagged by 9am and 8 marlin for the day. I lost count how many we raised! day 2 was a bit quieter for us with 3 tagged and 2 lost in the last couple of hours. All up we tagged 9 marlin on 15kg and 2 on 24kg with a 20kg mahi mahi as well. The boat that won tagged the same amount on 15kg tackle which was a fantastic effort. We finished runner up again (same as interclub) and had a fantastic weekend.

cheers

GT

Congrats on doing so well to be 2nd George. Following your 2nd at the interclub you guys are on fire! :thumbup:

Well done mate.

Cheers,

Grant.

Well done to all the T&R teams, great jobs guys !

On another note, can anyone confirm the amount beaks weighed in? I've heard reports of 32 marlin weighed for the tourney, with one boat axing 4 in one day ?

I can only hope its not true !

Chris

Being a comp there would be catch & release boats & kill & weigh boats competing.

If there was 32 Marlin weighed then so be it. It is within fisheries & competition guidlines.

Like it or not we have to respect peoples choices if they are abiding by the law.

Please refer to site rule 15 if you would like to comment on this.

Our site rules can be found HERE!

Any further comments on this subject are to be sent directly to me via the p.m system.

Cheers,

Grant.

Grant,

I'm well aware of the site rules, and as my post stipulated I wanted confirmation on a report I recieved about the tournament. Nothing more nothing less.

Chris

Not a problem Chris.

If anyone has confirmation of what Chris has heard can you please p.m him directly with the answer.

Now, lets get this thread back on topic.

Well done to your Godfather on a great day out SquidKing combo.

Thanks for the great pics.

Cheers,

Grant.

I headed down to the weigh in as well with squidkingcombo, and i was shocked at the amount of quality fish captured. What a great effort by all the boats that entered and i will hopefully be on a boat next year. Some massive tiger sharks, many tipping the scales at over 300kg and one that weighed in at a whopping 575kg! which was a 49 year record. The stripes that were weighed in were all from low 70's to high 120's i think. Good job to all, especially your god father.

Cheers YG :biggrin2:

Cheers guys yer my god father was absolutleuy stoked with the fish... he just txt me about how he is feeling it... sore arms sore back ultimatley sore body... Congratulations to Goldern Eagles ect.. you really pulled a gd seshion... Did any of you guys any pics of these amazing fish...