Dolly Madness 20-3-10

prawn*

hi guys sorry for late post have been working late... went out with fellow raider Mike (fishbones) and a mate for a fish saturday in hope 2 catch some decent dollies and what a day we had day started of with a search for bait, so off 2 shark island first sight on the sounder found a large school of bait so the livie tank was full of livies and off to some fad we go first fad port hacking fad didnt have much luck tryed plastics ect for zero.. so we decided to try browns mountain for some blue eye and gems didnt have much luck there seemed to be off the chew when we arrived very few boats were landing any fish around us. left browns for a troll after hearing soo many marlin getting caught over the radio put a 6 lure spread out for one stripy which i droped :( u get that!! still in search for some decent dollie's we tryed some fish traps which mike had come across earlier that week.. after a few casts the action started at most times all 3 rods were loaded up with fish from 65cm-93cm i think was the average size mike scored the largest dollie :thumbup: we tryed a few other traps in hope for some larger fish but all seemed to hold same size dollies all in all was a action packed afternoon using every live bait up in the tank for 18 dollies between 3 of us headed back around 5pm what a day!! many thanks to mike and anyone thinking of heading out with him i highly recommend u take the chance u will learn alot,

few piccy's!!!

post-10665-126932513604_thumb.jpg

post-10665-126932516825_thumb.jpg

post-10665-12693252107_thumb.jpg

post-10665-126932525805_thumb.jpg

post-10665-126932528574_thumb.jpg

Clean effort boys they look took kool and they taste even better... I cant believe u got soo many thats mad... i need to get out and catch a few like yours im sooo keen... How bout it YG... Congrats again

cheers guys couldnt of asked for much better conditions on the day seas were 0.6mt slow current which helps at the fads its a shame we didnt score any jem fish after winding up the alvey reef queen 500m up on the bottom but was a awsome day hopefully will be out again this weeknd to get another feed of dolly's!!! yum :thumbup: