Boat Electrician In St George Area?

timster711

hey guys my boats been out of action for some time and my motor is trimmed down so im unable to move it. just wandering if anyone knows of any decents boat electricians who make house calls for a reasonable price in the st george area.

How badly out of action is it ?

Some outboards have relays for the tilt and trim. These relays can occasionally fail. Usually a seperate relay for up and down. If you only have "down" working, you might be able to swap it with the "up" relay. Then you can tilt it up for towing.

The terminals might be marked, 30,85, 86, 87 or similar. The relays could be black or blue and might "look" like the ones on this page:

http://www.parts-express.com/catalog/pdf/2010/324pec10.pdf

(i have no affiliation with these people, google found the link for me)

They would be $5-25 each depending on where you buy them. There is a few different types in the same size housing so make sure you get the correct one.

If your battery is flat and buggered, a overnight charge might be enough to give you enough power to operate the tilt.

What brand, size, type and age is the motor ?

Someone here might be able to pin point these relays under the hood and explain how to change or swap them over.

Actually another method that might be easier is the tilt/hydraulic pressure release (????) screw. Loosen it with a big screwdriver and it releases the pressure so you can carefully lift it by hand. Differnet motors have the screw in a different spot.

cheers

Rod

How badly out of action is it ?

Some outboards have relays for the tilt and trim. These relays can occasionally fail. Usually a seperate relay for up and down. If you only have "down" working, you might be able to swap it with the "up" relay. Then you can tilt it up for towing.

The terminals might be marked, 30,85, 86, 87 or similar. The relays could be black or blue and might "look" like the ones on this page:

http://www.parts-express.com/catalog/pdf/2010/324pec10.pdf

(i have no affiliation with these people, google found the link for me)

They would be $5-25 each depending on where you buy them. There is a few different types in the same size housing so make sure you get the correct one.

If your battery is flat and buggered, a overnight charge might be enough to give you enough power to operate the tilt.

What brand, size, type and age is the motor ?

Someone here might be able to pin point these relays under the hood and explain how to change or swap them over.

Actually another method that might be easier is the tilt/hydraulic pressure release (????) screw. Loosen it with a big screwdriver and it releases the pressure so you can carefully lift it by hand. Differnet motors have the screw in a different spot.

cheers

Rod

hey mate a friend also told me about this screw where would i find it? because it would save me a few hundred if i could just get the motor up for towing...