Kingfishs Stomach

Victor78

Hi All

I went for a fish off the rocks today doing a bit of Live Baiting. It wasnt a bad day i fought a big shark for about an hour or so berfore he bite me off and i caught a 83cm kingfish.

Over the years ive caught many Kings nothing over a meter yet and when i clean them i take note whats in there stomachs. Ive found whitebait, Pilchards, yellowtail, mackrel, garfish, squid, bonito and frigates in most Kingfish stomachs but the 1 a caught today had 3 Sand Whiting in there about 20cm long something ive never seen.

Maybe whiting are the No. 1 live bait :074:

Has anybody else seen anything out of place or weird stuff in a Fish they have caught and cleaned?????

Whiting are a good live bait though. Wouldn't you expect that since their flesh somewhat is similar to that of garfishes. Both are great table fare.

Just have to make sure if you ever plan to use them, use the correct whiting (forgot the name) and not sand whiting.

Whiting are great for jewfish too.

my first stickface was full of leather jackets

Wouldnt that hav killed it??

Not onli it it rough and hard to digest but i heard leather jackets heads are toxic to human and it'll probly do more damage to the fish LOL