Second Botany Report

Hey Raiders

Fished Botany again just between Captain Cook bridge and Dolls point, hit the water at 4pm with my mate and his missus (she won 8-5 no keepers) landed a couple of nice bream untill i landed this nice specimen and my 2nd 40+ in 2 days! Not bad goin :)

szk3t3.jpg

He smashed a Zx40 and put up a decent fight

Then about 15 min later i get a massive hit and im loosing line at an alarming rate! I was using 6lb fire line and 5lb fc rock leader with a 2500 size reel and 2-5kg rob and i was no match for this thing and within 15sec i could see my backing line then snap! gone :ranting2: i have had a king to the boat on the same gear that would of been legal so i dare say this could of been maybe a 75-80cm king but now ill never know

Now only left with 1 reel with line on it i managed another 2 bream goin 30 and 35 cm then called it quits

Back to the ramp and i seen some squid chasing the bait fish close in so a quick run to the car to grab a shitty squid jig and some dinner tomorrow!

1zmcbif.jpg

The big bream was let free but kept 3 bream for my mate and his missus and the 2 squid for me and the old man to try

Lures used were ZX40 in a gold colour and 2 inch jigging grub in watermelon colour

Cheers guys

Pete

Nice, another 40cm+ bream, nice streak you got going there :thumbup: Did you get him on the sand flats or in deeper water?

And yikes, spooled in 15 secs, seems like you hooked onto something bigger than an 80cm kingy. Haven't had 1st hand experience with getting spooled like that. There are a few people that have caught kingys of that size on the gear you are using though. Kingys seem to have the power to spool you but generally try to bust you off rather than plot a course for New Zealand.

Would have been an exciting 14 secs and a terrifying 1 second to that fight.

Edited by monch

Haha Yeah i wouldnt have a clue what it was that took all the line i might of accidentally hooked a jet ski or something :biggrin2:

But it was a great experience to feel something like on the end of the line, it just sucks that now i have to buy new line!

Basscatcher.....

Yeah i did loose the zx on the mystery fish and its been a bad habit of mine i think i have lost 6 or so out of about 8 outings when i have used them atleast they have always been from a fish and not snags. I normally use them when its a little slow and has seemed to always work for me

Monch...... the fish were caught at all depths started drifting in the southerly wind from the port marker off towra up untill around 10 meters from the shore line on the other side