Morning Hacking Session

Krispy !

Hey raiders,

This morning i went out with my brother to the hacking. The conditions were great and the tide was running in. For the entire run in tide until peak all we managed was two bream at 29 and 33cms and other pickers. But as soon as the tide turned there was a boil up not too far away in the distance my brother rigged on a halco twistie, and casted right into the school. A couple of seconds later he was on! It wasn't a really big fish and it surfaced after about a minute, It was a nice frigate at 44cms :thumbup: . I decided to change tactics and try for a flattie so i rigged up half an unweighted pillie and let it drift to the bottom, A few minutes later i had a weird tug , then i felt the pulsing action of a squid. I guided it in very slowly and when it got to the surface i was impatient and tried lifting it in but it fell, i casted the bait in again, and it took it again, this time we netted it and it was a nice calamari at 20cms to the hood. Later on my brother caught a huge :1yikes: pike at around 55cms. We released it and caught nothing for the next hour so we called it a day.

All in all it was a nice morning at the water's edge and we had a nice lunch ready to be cooked.

Cheers,

Seriola lalandi,

Edited by seriola lalandi