Live Gulps Soft Plastics?

luvbigfish

hi raiders

dads birthdays coming up and wasnt sure what to get , he is very keen on trying soft plastics after watching the pros do it so easy on tv, so i got him some gulp alive! after reading up on how successful they are?, has any had any luck with these ? or have any tips on using them?

cheers all

Edited by luvbigfish

There good i liked them but i found the container leaks to much .. So tell your dad to keep the container upright at all times.

Get him out on the sandy bottom and hook some flatties up as there dead easy on plastics then when he gets better with plastics try for bream :)

Oh and make sure he has the right rod + reel stepup and a 10lb fluro leader for Flatties

Bannana prawn is a good gulp sp, but im tending to lean towards squidgies at the moment . im sick of throwing half the gulps away because they are unusable from the packet , and at $12 ish a packet that makes them bloody exspencive . you can get alot of squidgies for the price of a gulp tub . wriglers in bloodworm 65mm and 85mm are my go to,s .also try some of the squidgie pro range as well. u get a packet of paste called rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr cant think what its call ,to late in the night BUT its fantastic stuff .

craig

Bannana prawn is a good gulp sp, but im tending to lean towards squidgies at the moment . im sick of throwing half the gulps away because they are unusable from the packet , and at $12 ish a packet that makes them bloody exspencive . you can get alot of squidgies for the price of a gulp tub . wriglers in bloodworm 65mm and 85mm are my go to,s .also try some of the squidgie pro range as well. u get a packet of paste called rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr cant think what its call ,to late in the night BUT its fantastic stuff .

craig

S Factor :biggrin2:

That's a good idea for his birthday mate. :thumbup: When he opens the lid, tell him to peel the seal back from the glass, but only half way. This will minimise how much it leaks. Which profile/color did you get him? They all work well on their day

Cheers

Hodgey

Hi Guys,

Just on this topic, I'm pretty sure Squigies won't work at night but has anyone tried the scented Gulp after dark? Also do you have to retreive SP's or can you just keep shaking them around or even keep them still?

Thanks

Eddie

mate i find gulps pritty relyable on one pack of scented plastics i court 4 flatties

i had them on a 1/8 weight jig head, also the only thing that pead me off was they would get to mei would pick them up they would shack there head hook would fall out and they would slip out of my hands and gone,

also so another down fall is there tails are pritty long so you always no when tailor are around, it all ways comes back after a good hit from the hook back gone.

S Factor :biggrin2:

That's a good idea for his birthday mate. :thumbup: When he opens the lid, tell him to peel the seal back from the glass, but only half way. This will minimise how much it leaks. Which profile/color did you get him? They all work well on their day

Cheers

Hodgey

thanks for that tip champ , i got him 5inch jerk shad chart pepper neons, i was told at the store that there the go for some big flathead and even snapper, im a fresh bait person myself but keen to see how these plastics go.

Big thing to remember dont keep the packet open otherwise they will dry out and be no good anymore.

What size jigheads did you get?

thanks snag , but there the ones in the screw on lid and i got him some 1/4 and 3/8 nitros for deeper water, cheers

Mate, I reckon go the ecogear vibes. They have a larger size now and have good colours. One which is close to watermelon has been great. Flathead , bream, silver trevally and snapper have been liking them in Sydney harbour more than the gulp. Hoping for a big bicatch one day but no luck as of yet. Only down side is they are about 20 bucks. They have been working better for me and they don't stink later.

Cheers Andrew

Mate, I reckon go the ecogear vibes. They have a larger size now and have good colours. One which is close to watermelon has been great. Flathead , bream, silver trevally and snapper have been liking them in Sydney harbour more than the gulp. Hoping for a big bicatch one day but no luck as of yet. Only down side is they are about 20 bucks. They have been working better for me and they don't stink later.

Cheers Andrew

thanks for you input andrew , wiil keep in mind , cheers!