Bridle Rig For Live Bait

Krispy !

Hey Raiders,

I'm just asking if anyone can show me the proper way to bridle rig a live bait, I've done it a couple of times and the live bait always manages to get itself free, could it be the elastic?

Cheers

SL,

Using a bit of stiff mono will eliminate need for a bait needle, and rubber band. Decent rubber bands are quite strong, but if they're getting a bit old, they'll become brittle.

Grab a new pack. I a multi coloured and multi size pack from coles and they've done the job.

What kind of rig are you using? That may also be playing a part. If it's all braid and quite firm, the bait may be pulling itself free. Try using a good length stretchy mono leader to counter this.

It could also be that you're not rigging it deep enough through the cavity. Try going through the front of the eye socket....

Here is another method shown to me by fellow raider - Jim77. Use a very small cable tie and pass it though the front of the eye sockets. Then zip it up tight on your hook (below the barb) so that the hook sits on the nose of the baitfish right between the eyes. Jim uses this method downrigging for kings (with a lot of success if you follow his posts!!). I can't see why it wouldn't work off the stones too.

Cheers

Kel

Here is another method shown to me by fellow raider - Jim77. Use a very small cable tie and pass it though the front of the eye sockets. Then zip it up tight on your hook (below the barb) so that the hook sits on the nose of the baitfish right between the eyes. Jim uses this method downrigging for kings (with a lot of success if you follow his posts!!). I can't see why it wouldn't work off the stones too.

Cheers

Kel

Hi Kel

I use this method too and it works really well, shown to me by a pro on a charter when I was at Lord Howe last year fishing for kings.

regards Kit