Avet Bmx Gear Ratio Upgrade

Hi everyone,

I own an older model avet bmx, current ratio 4.5. I have tried contacting avet numerous times for no result. Does anyone know if the 5.8 or 6.3 gears fit in the same gearbox as on the 4.5, or do they have a larger space to compensate?

Thanks

Daniel

woodchop

the end plate on my 5.8: avet MXJ has only just enough space for the drive gear to fit into, so unless you have a bit of space a new drive gear wont fit.

Remember as well that if you simply change the drive gear the pion gear may not mesh because of the different diameter of the drive gear (ie the center of a new drive gear will be the same spot as the old one but have a larger diameter meaning that the pinon gear must be in a different spot or be a bit smaller for it to mesh together)

Steve

Woodchop

Maybe all is not lost.

A new side plate and gears might be all that you need. Probably cheaper than buying a new reel.

Evets

Talked to a few people regarding this, it seems due to the reel been released under the black magic label and not directly avet, there willingness to help it minimal. So chances of being able to compare dimensions /compatability of side plate and gears without purchasing one and running the gauntlet is slim.