Wild Tweed Bass

G'day all.

Hit the fresh water side of the Tweed River this morning for a final session before Outdoordan flew back to Sydney this arvo.

Things were looking great y/day until some big storms & heavy rain through the night made the river rise & turned it to coffee.

Our surface session was canned & we decided to fish the good old spin blades with grubs for a bit of flash in the dirty water.

Turned out to be an o.k morning. Landed 5 wild bass up to 40cm with Dan getting his 1st Tweed wild bass & a nice one at 39cm's.

Our casting was out for a while. It's a real experience casting heavy o'heads for barra & then taking the light plastic outfits for a ride when you get back. We got there in the end though. :biggrin2:

It didn't scratch my barra itch but at least we didn't lose any of these fish! :ranting2:

Hope you enjoy the pics.

Cheers,

Grant.

Well done lads...there are some nice wild river bass there. :thumbup: I understand the challenge of moving immediately from Barra to Bass gear, as I experienced the same challange in January when I went from Monduran Barra to Lake St Clair Bass. Fortunately I didn't loose any gear but did experience a number of birdnests trying to cast jitterbugs on my bass baitcasting gears :1prop:

Thanks for the replies all. :thumbup:

It was a pleasing little session considering how quickly the water quality changed after the heavy rains the night before.

We were really looking forward to a popper session but there was no chance in those conditions.

I'm sure that section of the river will hold some really big wild bass at times. That's only the 2nd time I've fished it for a total of 13 bass with 3 over 40cms & only 3 under 35cms. So the average size is nice.

They don't go as hard as the Dam bass though. :wacko:

Cheers,

Grant.