Jewtastic

fishhunter76

Good effort catching live bait first up Lala :thumbup: and then going into speculation mode and striking a jewfish pack coming in for a look just before first light and so late in the run out tide too :thumbup: and catching metre plus jewfish and I'd say much to the horror of the onlookers :biggrin2:

One can't help but notice the large numbers of general species that have been coming into Sydney over the last eighteen months or so since the big freeze during the autumn winter period of 2008 which led to the mass migration of general species out of Sydney as some might remember..The extreme shortage of estuary fish was then followed by a massive influx of fish into the Sydney area as we've seen and noticed by the consistency of catches by our members alone over the last eighteen months or so.

Still most of the jewfish caught during this important "revival phase for Sydney" one could say have been typically around the 3 to 5 kilo size and noticably in the Hawkesbury and the Georges.

These results of yours are certainly a good indication that the jewfish schools coming into our estuaries this year are going to be around that typical 7-12 kilos size as have been the breeding size schools in the past. Over this autumn and winter I think we might see a big improvement in the number of jewfish schools of these sizes going well up into the rivers as well as schooling up in places like Middle Harbour and Port Hacking on an incoming regular bases over these important breeding months for a change.

Lala you might have to come up to my place soon, just bring a mate along and help me out with the boat and we can do an overdue Hawksebury session. :thumbup:

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

It would be an honour to be able to fish with you Byron, we'll have to catch up soon buddy. :thumbup:

Cheers LALA