Botany Bay 3/4/10

hornets

Had to get out there today as mates only leave pass .Hit south headland 600 for only 1 squid , 200mm hood . Yakkas were not keen as usual but managed dozen . Went out north from Cape Banks with 2 divers , one small skirt & one kingfish jet. Got 6 Bonnies ,One mac tuna . Went all the way to maroubra along the coast . All the damage was done on the bibbed . Got back into the heads where I was keen to use that squid . Set up the DR & hooked the squid in hopefully for the ride of his life . I set 1 hook to top of hood & a stinger into a tenticle as a security measure as I only had 1 . I started my run from 1end to the other of the oil wharf for the first for nothing but noticed a couple of marks there . Got onto the second over the mark when it got nailed , the run was 2-3 sec then as I got the rod out it slowed . I left it there for a couple , but nothing . I was spewing that was it . As I pulled it up the squid was still there , excellent !.I rerigged him very worse for wear but stil intact. Straight back over the same spot & it hit again & took off . As I put weight on to sloow the beast from the pilons he was off . I got the hook up to find he had hit the body the first time & now he nailed the head & the stinger mustnt have hooked him . That was it after that . It would have made my day to have gotten that on such a crap day . The swell was definately up today . Better than staying at home though . :ranting2:

I was out there today, launched from Foreskin drive at about 2:30am, fished different spots till about 9am then called it quits.

We (well, my mate did) hit 2 black bream going 32cm and 33cm, then i hit a flattie going 44cm and that was it.

Burleyed the crap out of the joint for nothing else.

And Hornets, you are dead right, the swell was pretty bad ay.