Weekend Of Kingies!

idolz

Had a great fish this easter weekend at Eden!!!!!! First time in my life I was knackered from pulling in fish!!!!!!!!! We (3 of us) caught about 45 Kinghys all weekend, 1 Bonito, we threw back anything under 70cms (We kept about 20...keeping under the 5 per day per person rule), the biggest one caught was 97cms and 7Kgs, the second biggest was one I caught and a PB 92cms and 6.2Kgs, shit I had some fun!!!!!! My japanese wife was too lazy to cook tonite so we ate one raw!!!! sushumi

post-13217-127046134818_thumb.jpg

post-13217-127046135609_thumb.jpg

post-13217-127046136257_thumb.jpg

post-13217-127046136888_thumb.jpg

post-13217-127046137485_thumb.jpg

post-13217-127046138324_thumb.jpg

post-13217-127046138929_thumb.jpg

post-13217-127046140257_thumb.jpg

Had a great fish this easter weekend at Eden!!!!!! First time in my life I was knackered from pulling in fish!!!!!!!!! We (3 of us) caught about 45 Kinghys all weekend, 1 Bonito, we threw back anything under 70cms, the biggest one caught was 97cms and 7Kgs, the second biggest was one I caught and a PB 92cms and 6.2Kgs, shit I had some fun!!!!!!

Yes it was a lovely weekend in Eden, I spent more time on the turps with my family than fishin. :beersmile:

Except for a bit of time on the wharf to get some bait with the kids. :thumbup:

Top Effort, Down off Mowary I assume?

Gee you know your fishing (Austwave)!!!!!!!! yeah the big ones come from Mowarry, and shit when they were on we had triple hook ups.... non stop! the smaller ones from Mowarry were 80 plus Cms,,,, we fished just north of Greencape and hooked up nearly every drop, but the fish were only just size with the biggest ones there only 80cms,,, my Mate who invited us down there is one of the Fisheries inspectors there, he knows how to fish!!!! And no way were undersize ones getting a look in! (even the ones 70cms went back!!) My wife caught her first 2 kinghys ever, she struggled to get them up though she is a small girl!

Edited by idolz

JIGGING only (except the first one I got 84cm on a BOZO 250mm blue and white Kruncher soft plastic), we lost about 10 jigs all weekend, 90% of the time was incompetence of myself or my more incompetent mate i took down there, My Eden fisheries mate was pissed at us, every time we lost a jig, I spent a shit load of money in that tackle shop when we were there!!!!! but it was more than worth it,,, I have NEVER seen Kingfish on, in or out of Botany Bay/Sydney like they were on down there, we could have stayed there all day and bagged out eveyday, we fished about 3-4 hours each day, honestly your arms are knackered after pulling in 10-15 of them!!!!!

Edited by idolz

Had a great fish this easter weekend at Eden!!!!!! First time in my life I was knackered from pulling in fish!!!!!!!!! We (3 of us) caught about 45 Kinghys all weekend, 1 Bonito, we threw back anything under 70cms (We kept about 20...keeping under the 5 per day per person rule), the biggest one caught was 97cms and 7Kgs, the second biggest was one I caught and a PB 92cms and 6.2Kgs, shit I had some fun!!!!!! My japanese wife was too lazy to cook tonite so we ate one raw!!!! sushumi

Awesome fishing mate but my understanding of the NSW bag limit rules is that all bag limits are also total possession limits, not daily limits? eg if you've got 4 kingfish in the freezer, you are only allowed to keep one more.

We had my wife, my fisheries mates' 2 sons (two of their friends were with us after we picked them up from Surfing Saltwater Creek, they both got their first kinghys aswell), as well as himself, myself and my mate I bought from Sydney fishing over the weekend, we only kept about 20 fish,,, there is NO way my fishing inspector mate is going to fish outside the rules........Sorry about the 3 of us, yeah it was 3 of us on the boat all the time, but we had other people fishing with us on various days........ To be technical I guess, they were all (20 kinghys) in 2 fridges/freezers who were owned by the one person?

Edited by idolz

No not at all, the only other 2 fish I saw were 2 Bonito, one I had on got him to the surface (on a 150Gm Jig) was about 50-60cms but he busted off, and one smaller Bonito in the photos, other than that it was Kinghys every time you hooked up...ah we saw many tax men (SEALS) out there!!!

We had my wife, my fisheries mates' 2 sons (two of their friends were with us after we picked them up from Surfing Saltwater Creek, they both got their first kinghys aswell), as well as himself, myself and my mate I bought from Sydney fishing over the weekend, we only kept about 20 fish,,, there is NO way my fishing inspector mate is going to fish outside the rules........Sorry about the 3 of us, yeah it was 3 of us on the boat all the time, but we had other people fishing with us on various days........ To be technical I guess, they were all (20 kinghys) in 2 fridges/freezers who were owned by the one person?

not having a go mate, just picking up on the '5 per person per day' - I only found out otherwise myself fairly recently, I don't think it is that well publicised by fisheries to be honest.

My fisheries mate just told me ( You are right) it only matters as long as there is 5 fish in possesion per person, obviously only one person owns the fridge they may be in, we had more than enough ppl catching fish to cover for it, My mate would never fish outside the rules, and as i said he wouldnt let us keep anything under 70cms anyway!!!!!

As we were fishing in EDEN where fish are in abundance and fishermen are not really gready or hungry and not in Botany bay/Sydney where you try to stretch the fish out to "hope" it is over 65cms.

I know I fish botany bay/outside all the time, and the majority of Kinghys caught there are always on the limit, given granted that yes you do find the odd Kinghy around Sydney/ Botany Bay up to 100cm plus, but you seldom find them being pulled in one after the other for hours on end.

I dont know why but Kinghy fishing around sydney just isnt like it is in other areas,,, maybe im still searching for THAT TOP KINGHY HAVEN,,, but im yet to find it up here..... i will keep searching.......

Thats Unreal!!!! you will be feeling the pain for a while but the snile will stay on your face longer!!!

At least you have something to look forward to for next year as the King's will only be thick for about another month I am told. plenty of feeds to come for you and your family!!!!!

Top Stuff.....

Regards,

Nathan

Great session mate, Sounds like you had an awesome weekend.

As others i have said - there is no better feeling than waking up the next morning and wondering why you are so sore... and then realising its because you caught so many Kings the day before. GOLD!

You can get sessions in Sydney or nearby like the one you experienced - but they are just harder to find. I have had a couple of sessions this year where we caught over 15 fish between two of us in short 1-2hr sessions, and nearly all of them were over 80cm with 4 or 5 fish in the 90s, and 1 over the metre. They were still biting but we stopped because we were knackered! I had a day on my own where i caught between 40 and 50 fish in 3 hours - most were just legals/borderlines but at least 15 of them were 75cm or over.

The problem with Sydney is that there are a lot of people out fishing. News also travels really fast and before you know it the spot you have been braining by yourself or in relative peace and quiet for the last few days/weeks is suddenly over run with people who had no idea that there were good fish there.

The Colours this summer is a classic example. Before all the publicity it received many fisherman didn;t even know what or where the colours were. All of a sudden you went out there and there were 50+ boats out there! (i counted them).

Last friday after someone put up a post about Kings at MH on another forum there were 23 boats (i counted them :biggrin2: ) either anchored or downrigging around MH! Most of them would not have thought twice about fishing there...

Enjoy the fishing but don't expect to get many spots by yourself in Sydney :biggrin2:

I have been at the colours myself and counted about 30 boats there too....and nobody pulling in a fish!!!!!,,, I think ur right, it was publicised that there were Kingys there and ppl went crazy........ I moved else where

Oh man, I Only dream of catching that many kings... lol Well done!

Im Sorry but it begs the Question what did you do with all the Fish?? It would be morally wrong to catch all of that fish and not eat them... I Mean, 1 70cm king has a LOT of Juicy white flesh.... thehehehe I Will PM you my address and send you express post label.... lol hint hint :biggrin2:

I bought back 36Kgs of fresh Kingfish fillets, and 2 whole Kingfish one 6.2 Kgs and one 5.8Kgs, the 2 whole kingfish I took to my chinese friends restuarant, where he cooked them up for 10 guests 4 different ways,,, My wife is Japanese and between her and all her Jap friends making Sashumi they dont go far........

Funny you say,, you only dream of catching that many,,,,,I been fishing in my boat for about 4 years now pretty solid,,, I caught 2 Kingfish in botany bay one under and one 68cms (rubbish sizes in terms of where i just came back from) and a few kingy bust offs,,, I must have spent 2K to 3K on bait and berly, before I left to go down to Eden I would have nearly given my left testy to just get a kingy on and get it in. Dont want to be smart, but shit it was fun and now Im content,,,,,,,BUT NOW I WANT A TUNA!!!!!!!

About 2 km north of GreenCape lighthouse(about 500-1000 metres from shore) and around Mowarry point, the fish down there are in huge schools, We were hooking up approx every 3rd drop with a 150Gm jig (any colour was doing the job), at some stages we were dry for 30 minutes,,,, but at many times we had guyz hooked up at once,,, ( I lost a big bastard due to my line crossing anothers!!!!, he got his in which was the 7Kg baby, just abit bigger than my bugger!)