Botany Bay Bream Ses.

steve351

Gday all,

Went out monday afternoon in search for some botany bay bream. It ended up being a hot bite with 18 bream in total being caught, the biggest one was 42 cm. We also landed 2 whiting, 4 trevors and a 3.2kg flathead which we let go to fight another day. Sorry about the photo quality as it was taken by a mobile phone.

post-6948-127062165701_thumb.jpg

Gday all,

Went out monday afternoon in search for some botany bay bream. It ended up being a hot bite with 18 bream in total being caught, the biggest one was 42 cm. We also landed 2 whiting, 4 trevors and a 3.2kg flathead which we let go to fight another day. Sorry about the photo quality as it was taken by a mobile phone.

Yiasoo Steve !

That's a nice catch of bream there.

Was the afternoon quieter for boat traffic than the morning?

I bet it was. This has a dramatic effect on the fishing.

Boats buzzing by means buggerall bream. How's that for a mouthfull ?

That flattie was a big one - well done.

Did you get it while drifting? I rarely catch flatties on my bream spots at anchor.

I have caught a fair few bream drifting but I pretty much anchor every time now, unless the fish are very disbursed.

So you would have fished the falling - tide - warmer water coming out of the river (heated up during the course of the day), some fresh water mixed in (rain), little boat traffic - a good recipe for good fishing as the fish exit the river.

I haven't been out in a while - I've forgotten which end of the hook to bait !

Tony

Edited by Keflapod

Hey keflapod

I always anchor up, never tried drifting. I dunno how that flathead didnt cut me off on 3kg line, i always lose smaller one's next to the boat...funny thing was when i went to cut the line to release the fish, i open its mouth and see another little flattie sticking out of its guts hahah!

Congratulation steve top catch there big flaty as well don't no how long the good fishing will last Ive being trying for a month to get out there didn't no what to expect jan 4 was the last time i went out lets hope it lasts another month .