Another New Combo :p

DGF

Hey guys been thinking about getting a new 13+ft spinning rod n reel as my current shakespeare rod has been killing me after 3-4 casts and ended up with sore neck and back etc.. and i;ve had that rod and reel for roughly 7-8yrs and got tired of it so today i went out and bought my new setup, I got yet Another Nitro rod.

Nitro Messiah Spin 13"

nitro-messiahspin.jpg

and combined with a Daiwa Saltist 6500

i think i better leave my bankcard at home next time i goto the tackle shop though :P set me back $800 with the saltist spooled up with braid. + other nick nacks i need for the pirtek comp this weekend

Yeah very nice. I've been looking at the shorter nitro spin range for fishing of the kayak - they're all beautiful rods - but I can't justify the money for them at the moment. And can't go wrong with the saltist either. It's on my list to try out as a replacement contender for my Tufftackle XTA5000 which fell to pieces on a rat king last weekend! Hope they do you well for the Pirtek!

Paul

Yeah very nice. I've been looking at the shorter nitro spin range for fishing of the kayak - they're all beautiful rods - but I can't justify the money for them at the moment. And can't go wrong with the saltist either. It's on my list to try out as a replacement contender for my Tufftackle XTA5000 which fell to pieces on a rat king last weekend! Hope they do you well for the Pirtek!

Paul

i also have the nitro magnum butt 7ft spin ill be using that on sunday from the boat as well as my other brea,/flathead stuff :P this new one im gonna use for spinning from the rocks at avoca :P the saltist is going to double up as my jew/king reel as well with 60lb braid on a spare spool

i also have the nitro magnum butt 7ft spin ill be using that on sunday from the boat as well as my other brea,/flathead stuff :P this new one im gonna use for spinning from the rocks at avoca :P the saltist is going to double up as my jew/king reel as well with 60lb braid on a spare spool

Yep that's the boy I've got my eye on, the 7ft magnum butt. Not sure I want a $400 rod on the yak though, so I think I'm settling for a Shimano Jewel 762 Snapper instead (which seems like an insanely good rod for the money BTW). It has more carbon content so less likely to snap if a high stick it, which happens a lot on a yak due to the angles of being low to the water. Out of interest what reel do you use with the magnum butt? I was going to pair a stradic 4000 with 20lb braid with whichever rod I buy.

Yep that's the boy I've got my eye on, the 7ft magnum butt. Not sure I want a $400 rod on the yak though, so I think I'm settling for a Shimano Jewel 762 Snapper instead (which seems like an insanely good rod for the money BTW). It has more carbon content so less likely to snap if a high stick it, which happens a lot on a yak due to the angles of being low to the water. Out of interest what reel do you use with the magnum butt? I was going to pair a stradic 4000 with 20lb braid with whichever rod I buy.

well the lifetime insurance policy on the nitro is what got me into them and no questions asked if snapped $60 you get a new section.

I've paired mine up with a Daiwa Exceller Oceano 4500 with roughly 4-500yards of 30lb braid but i was using a cheap shimano reel on it for a week or so while my exceller was getting serviced and that handled them fine 4000 size is perfect for them although i kinda wanted the Daiwa Sol 4000 with it as they go well together.