Which One?

little G

i dunno much about those those reels but i can tell you what size to get for bream and thats a 2500 :) personally im thinking about getting a daiwa sol 2500 for my next breaming/soft plastics rod :P

I got an Applause 4000 for larger SP work in estury and inshore and found it a good workhourse for $120 which has copped plenty of abuse. Just dont drop it in the surf like I did as a tiny grain of sand in a bearing is impossible to remove.

The Penn Applause 2000 reel is more than suitable for bream fishing. They are retailing around $80 at the moment, which is very good value for money. They are a little heavier than other equivalent sized reels. Robust, and with a very smooth drag, I don't think you will be disappointed. I have three of these reels that are 5 years old, and with light general maintenance I have had no trouble with any of them. They have accounted for some terrific fish. Ask slinkymalinky about the componentry of these little reels and he will give you some surprising information ;)

Cheers

Hodgey

The Penn Applause 2000 reel is more than suitable for bream fishing. They are retailing around $80 at the moment, which is very good value for money. They are a little heavier than other equivalent sized reels. Robust, and with a very smooth drag, I don't think you will be disappointed. I have three of these reels that are 5 years old, and with light general maintenance I have had no trouble with any of them. They have accounted for some terrific fish. Ask slinkymalinky about the componentry of these little reels and he will give you some surprising information ;)

Cheers

Hodgey

thanks everyone 4 the quick replys.

ill have to have a closer look into the applause.

another quick question does the applause hold braid well? and is it suitible for soft plastic fishing?

thanks little G

another quick question does the applause hold braid well? and is it suitible for soft plastic fishing?

thanks little G

Yes to both. The braid lays evenly on the spool, and I use mine solely for fishing soft plastics