Sydney Kingfish

Dangas

After reading about everyone catching kingys in Sydney harbour i decided to join in on the action. Went to my usual spots to get some bait and ended up with 1 squid and half dozen yakkas.

Cut a long story short ... fished near quarantine and had few hits and misses. kept getting busted off or reefed on 30lb braid/50lb leader so had to switch to 50lb braid/80lb leader. There were some monsters out there but just couldnt boat them. Eventually landed a 70cm king on the boat which took a live yellowtail. The wind picked up by 10am and it was too hard to drift coz i was getting blown into the cliffs so moved to south head where it was very quiet, decided to call it a day and went home with a feed.

post-11346-127089679343_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dangas

:thumbup: congrats on the king would of been a nice morning i was passing over the harbour bridge goin to work wishing i was out there, what outfit were u using? geez there have been some serious fish around that quarantine area pulled in Edited by mc fishn

:thumbup: congrats on the king would of been a nice morning i was passing over the harbour bridge goin to work wishing i was out there, what outfit were u using? geez there have been some serious fish around that quarantine area pulled in

The one caught was from Tyrnos 12 with 50lb braid/80lb leader. Still couldnt stop some of those heavies from reefing me. My mistake was having the drag set too light and giving them the chance to run.