Another Fish Gets A Tag

Croydon

Hi folks,

Well after christening the boat last week with it's first Marlin capture, I went out again yesterday for another crack. But this time I was on a mates boat, which is a little flasher and has a whole lot more rooom than the barcrusher!

We left Batemans Bay at a gentlemanly 7.30am and headed out to the 80 fathom mark south east of the Tollgates, setting a spread of lures on the way towards Tuross Canyons. The water was just fantastic calm, blue and about 24deg. After a quiet couple of hours we sounded out some slimies and jigged a few for the livewell. We rigged em up as skip baits and coninued on our way. The area looked hot and two separate free jumpers were seen in the distance.

Not long after we found some great looking water. Birds were working, seals playing and bait all over the place. The the left rigger goes off and the 37kg chair rod starts screaming. I grabbed the rod, jumped into he chair and we're on. This was my first time in the chair and it took a bit of getting use too, but I was having a ball!

post-4525-1270936724_thumb.jpg

post-4525-127093768914_thumb.jpg

post-4525-127093681846_thumb.jpg

After about 20 minutes we had the fish at the side of the boat. It was a beautiful stripped marlin around the 90kg mark. The tag went in and she swam away, I was stoked what a fantastic day. I'd love to post a close up of the fish but in all the excitement the camera got switched over to video and we didn't get any more stills. Hope you enjoy the read anyway..........

Dave