Braid And Kings

Maximus765

Went out yesterday and picked up some yakkas then towards north head for a dunk. Had 3 rods. 2 with 30lb braid and 1 with 25lb mono. Had 4:1 hits on the mono. All rods had a 40lb mono trace. Am I being paranoid here. Do kings "select" only crumby, old, under gunned equipment? Why is it whenever you are tying a knot, moving the boat, changing tackle that kings tend to also pay you a visit? I am intrigued if this is everyone not just me :-)

I did manage 1 x 70 cms and 2 went back 63cm larger one.

Last question - the kingfish sashimi every piece had a cement like crunch even after pan frying. It seemed to be beneath the skin (just). Still a great feed and a top fight.

Last last question - am I obsessed doctor?

Well done & bad luck on the Kings I suppose!! :biggrin2:

At least you nailed a few. It's always the way though. Biggest fish hits the smallest outfit. :wacko:

Just a tip.

When you 'sashimi' a fish it is eaten raw, skinless & in thin slices. Usually with a nice dip of soy & wasabi sauce mixed together.

Even if you do pan fry it then it should be skinned for the best results.

Hope you nail a few more crackers soon.

Remember to take some pics to share with all of us! :thumbup:

Cheers,

Grant.

Guest russ123

Hi guys the best way that I have found to cook the king is by simply filleting without trying to scale it cut into 200gram chunks heat a pan until reasonably hot then put some good quality olive oil in so thtat you retain the aroma of the oil.Salt the skin of the fish quite well with good quality sea salt the kind you need to use a grinder with.place fish skin side down in pan first.let it cook till about 1/4 of the way through then turn it if you wiggle the pan it wont stick dont forget you need about 1/4 of an inch of oil oh prior to turning a little salt and pepper both ground serve straight from the pan with alittle lemon squezed on top should be good to go.

OH by the way I am new to the area does any one have any locatoins that they would like to share for the kings I have fished mostly Botany for nill result any help would be greatly appreciated can find bait ok just not the kingys have seen them in the bay they just wouldnt take a bait