Port Hacking - Gymea Bay

Raii

Finally landed my second legal bream on SPs, it took a while but I am starting to get the hang of targeting Breams with plastics.

This one was caught on a 2" grub in pumpkinseed last week

post-6576-127105687225_thumb.jpg

On the 10th, same place, same SP pattern, I landed another two bream, one just legal and the other in the low 20s, however I forgot to bring a camera with me

Well done Raii, now that you have the SP technique you will enjoy catching all sorts of fish. I have caught bream, bass, whiting, flatties, trevs, yellow tail, jewies, sooties, and barra on SPs and love the way all of these fish strike the lure during the retrieve :thumbup:

Yeah, I'm starting to distinguish the different takes from the bream, now I'm more keen to get out there and try again

Keep at it beginner, the hardest part is keeping your lure in the water, most people just stop and throw on bait after a few tries, just have to keep your eye focused to see if your line twitches even that tiniest bit because it could be a bream just taking it lightly

Beginner and Raii........

Also don't be afraid to be aggressive sometimes when targeting bream guys

Like you said sometimes they will take the lure on the down or sitting on the bottom but other times if your aggressive it makes them react and make a decision especially if there are other fish around. There have been plenty of times when i have had 2 or 3 or 4 bream following a hooked one into the boat trying to take the plastic out of its mouth and other times even a "slow roll" works so always mix it up

Pete

good onya on getting some bream on plastics.now that youv started using em,its hard to stop using anything else.iv been exclusively using plastics on my last 20 odd sessions with some suprising good results.havnt used bait in ages.like breambucket said,mix up the retreives,it depends on the fishes mood on how theyl smash a plastic.once you find out what they want on the day,stick with it & you should come up trumps.whilst targeting jew on bigger plastics using squidgy fish pattern,iv landed some big bream which was a suprise for me as i havnt caught many bream using that pattern plastic.just goes to show,if theyr hungry & you work the lure right,theyl wallop it even if its a bigger lure.keep at mate,im keen to read some of your future posts of big fish on plastics.

cheers johnny. :beersmile: