What Rod And Reel Combo Would You Take Around Australia

jahajo

Hey Raiders,

I was just thinking bout buying a new bream reel, but then i thought i needed an all purpose combo more than a new reel :1prop:.

So you tackle junkies out there what would you take around Australia?

And also what would be the most versatile?

Cheers Hazza

I have a 5pc nitro magnum butt which ive got matched up to a 4000 stella..

I reckon thats a great allround combo, enough grunt to tackle 'biggish' fish but light enough to fish for trevs and the like if i had to..

If I was only able to have 1 combo then it's the 1 I'd pick..

G'day Hazza.

Ahhhh... the impossible question. There's no outfit that is genuinely all purpose but if I had to travel the country with only 1 outfit it would be my 2-5kg Lox with 2500 Stradic loaded with 15lb braid and with a spare spool loaded with 10lb braid.

I'd feel confident using this outfit for most inshore lure fishing from estuary Flatties to reef Snapper to creek Barra to inshore Tuna.

If I could take 2, I would add my 4000 Fireblood loaded with 30lb and 6-10kg T-Curve.

Cheers, Slinky

G'day Hazza

My combo of choice would be the Daiwa Morthan Branzino Day Breaker and my Exist Hyper Branzino Custom 2508R Special only because the names so long.....hehehe

Load it with 20lb Branzino line and you can cast 5-45gm lures on this combo. I have landed snappers to 5kgs and it makes a great squidding combo to!

If two rods, Branzino 3000 loaded with 30 and my Miller Beast Buster Toad.

Greg

Hello and a very good day to you all from the South Coast of Ireland, were we catch sea bass and pollack on the lures...

I have been reading up your forums for quiet a while, and have a question in relation to tackle.

I am ordering a Daiwa Branzino Rock Dance 13 m rod (13') together with a 2508r reel/

Does anybody around here own this rod, or has experience with it?

I would like to hear from actual users what the pro's and con's of this rod are.

Also if the casting weight limits are as stated..

Would be a great help

Cheers and tight lines to you all

Reginald

• 4 weeks later...

Lucky chap to be heading off round the block.

I did this a couple of years ago, and couldn't limit myself to one outfit. I eneded up with a few in the bus but the two that got most use were the 4kg and 10kg reels on 8' spin sticks,

Happy trails

Yocky

Hello and a very good day to you all from the South Coast of Ireland, were we catch sea bass and pollack on the lures...

I have been reading up your forums for quiet a while, and have a question in relation to tackle.

I am ordering a Daiwa Branzino Rock Dance 13 m rod (13') together with a 2508r reel/

Does anybody around here own this rod, or has experience with it?

I would like to hear from actual users what the pro's and con's of this rod are.

Also if the casting weight limits are as stated..

Would be a great help

Cheers and tight lines to you all

Reginald

Hi Reginald welcome to Fishraider :thumbup: It would be a good idea to post up a new topic in the forum inquiring about these Moreton Branzino rods and reels...From what I've heard about them it seems they're pretty exotic gear and have a lot going for them I believe and I'd expect members like Red, Cephalopod and GregL would come into the topic and should be able to provide you with quite a lot of information about them based on their own experiences with them..

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

By the way Reginald my middle name is Reginald like Byron Reginald bla bla bla, how does that sound ay for over here from your point over there in Ireland or do you think the Reginald bit could be a mismatch as I've always felt more comfortable just signing off as Byron R :D

G'day Reginald

I have one of the 13M's that I use while rock or beach spinning.

It's a very light weight rod and casts lures to 35gm perfectly. 45's are the limit of it.

Loaded with braid it's very sensitive. I swear you can feel the fish fart near ya line! lol

I haven't used many rods like this before so I can't really compare.

Personally I think it's a pretty specialized rod and for the price of them it comes down to if you will use it enough to justify the purchase to yourself me thinks but how would I know, I spend the same amount for a bream rod!

Greg

I reckon what ever reel you buy grab a second spool to give you more opions...but a high quality 2500 should do the trick...I'm keen to test my fireblood on some high end fish one day but probably with 15 lb and maybe 4 or 6 for the lighter estuary options...my current set up is 4 and 10 on my two spools which is fine for 95% of my fishing atm.

and probably a solid 2-5kg stick would do the trick...