Blue Mountains Trout

taloyoak

Hey everyone,

I'm in Sydney for 2 weeks, back visiting the family, but heading up to the Bluies in the morning to hike the 30km's into the Cox's and Kowmung rivers to wet a fly.

Has anyone fished these rivers, and if so any luck and or advice?.

Good luck mate! It is 10 years since I last fished the Cox's & we got into some good fish then! Tiny stream, but good sized fish up to 1kg. One bloke was using a sage 2 or 3 weight!! The reel was like a cotton reel!! hehe we had a little suzuki 4wd that took us quite a way down, so the walk in wasn't too bad!! Don't ask me where we put in tho - I wasn't driving! I remember that the Rydal Pub used to do a good evening meal tho! :biggrin2:

looking forward to reading the report!! OMG!! 30k - are you sleeping down there as well??

Cheerio

Roberta

Hey everyone,

I'm in Sydney for 2 weeks, back visiting the family, but heading up to the Bluies in the morning to hike the 30km's into the Cox's and Kowmung rivers to wet a fly.

Has anyone fished these rivers, and if so any luck and or advice?.

Nanook

Go up for a couple of days for camping and fishing on a friends farm at Easter near Janolan Caves and the water levels are up a fair bit at the moment. We camp on a stream and fish with spinners and we were having a bit of trouble landing any, we saw big splashes in the ponds near the camp site but they weren't interested in lures so one of the guys rigged up a dragon fly that were every where with a cork float that was drifted down the pond and it was smashed within 30 seconds. When it was cut open it was full to the brim with drgon flys.

All up 3 good sized fish taken but just remember dont let fish see you