Mona Vale Basin?

oackie

Havent done much fishing there myself but know a few of the older fellas who live down at mona and they target mainly luderick down around the pool but have had success with snapper at the nth end of the basin but not to that size

The basin is usually fairly clogged with seaweed but at times it is clean of it and id say you would be most succesfull when less of it is in there..The basin is allso known a dusky whaler breeding ground with countless numbers off these little fellas 2-4ft sharks cruising the area..fishing for jew at mona can be a real hassle with these little suckers..

There are some deeper holes up around the nth'n head of the basin/ sth'n head of bungin.you can usually see these area's on small swell days where the water is crystal clear..hope this helps

Guest bluecod

Time for snapper is when a big southerly sea is starting to drop off a bit and then your usual snapper baits [squid, pillie ocky] may produce for you in there. Ever hear of blackfish from the beach? Southern corner in a big southerly sea :thumbup: though you've got to watch out for surfers.

thanks heaps guy's :thumbup: most informative.

well it looks like there will be a little southly swell running on sat but nothing huge so at least it'll be safe(ish).

i too have heard that the snapper are there during big swells so maybe this sat will be a little lame,but then again i'll never know unless i go.

i 'll let you'll know how i get on.

cheers :thumbup: